Device won't start

Posted on
Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:08 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Device won't start

durosity wrote:
i need to terminate homebridge in the terminal, then reload it

Well, if you turned off the auto-restarting then yes, that's one way. Or you can use the menu Plugin - HBB - SAVE CONFIG AND RESTART (notice SAVE because there is also a simple RESTART). No matter how you decide to restart HB make sure you use the menu to SAVE your config or you won't see your new stuff :).

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:47 pm
durosity offline

Ah well that side of things doesn't seem to be working then. If i change the config of the device i get:

Code: Select all
   EPS - Homebridge Buddy Debug    Found '/Users/Mike/.homebridge/config.json', saving the Homebridge configuration
   EPS - Homebridge Buddy          Homebridge configuration for 'Server - Home Bridge' saved
   EPS - Homebridge Buddy Warning  Stopping the Homebridge server 'Server - Home Bridge'
   DSC Alarm                       Alarm Zone 'Utility - Motion Sensor' Closed.
   EPS - Homebridge Buddy          Starting the Homebridge server 'Server - Home Bridge', do not try to use Siri until you get a message that the server has started
   EPS - Homebridge Buddy Threaddebug Plugin device 'Server - Home Bridge' has had one or more attribute changes
   EPS - Homebridge Buddy Threaddebug 'Server - Home Bridge' is cached, checking for changes

and it does save the config file correctly.. but nothing changes in homebridge. On the terminal no status changes, no killing of the process, nothing.. i have to control c to kill it and restart it.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:51 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
i have to control c to kill it and restart it.

That is because you are simply running HB in a terminal window rather than installing it and running it as a daemon. See the last part of Webdeck's installation instructions for running it as a daemon. The plugin is looking for THAT executable, not the monitoring via console executable.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:08 pm
durosity offline

AHA GOTCHA.. yeah i deliberately didn't do that part so i'll just leave it until you bring out the next phase of the plugin as you were planning. Get on with it. ;)

(PS This plugin is pretty damn awesome.. very chuffed with it. I wrote myself a mini one a while ago for adding/removing items to the config file automatically but this is like 100x better!)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:44 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
This plugin is pretty damn awesome.. very chuffed with it.

Thanks :). I have no clue what happens when you are "chuffed" but I'm guessing it's has far less to do with puppies and peanut butter than one would think :lol: .

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:53 am
durosity offline

Hehe uh I'm not sure what chuffed has to do with puppies of peanut butter at all.. Nor am I willing to search for it.. I'm worried my name would end up on a list somewhere! ;)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:06 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
I'm worried my name would end up on a list somewhere!

Then you should have worried about that LONG ago Durosity, because it's on some really serious lists now...

Check Them Out Here