Installing Buddy on top of a working HomeBridge setup?

Posted on
Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:09 pm
berkinet offline

Re: Installing Buddy on top of a working HomeBridge setup?

Ok.. All is well and my home bridge server is up and running. I did encounter one minor glitch you might want to address in the documentation... In the HBB plugin configuration window there is a field for Indigo server path. In my original installation of home bridge-indigo I just left that blank. However, while trying having problems trying to install HBB I had added a positive value:
/Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7 in the config dialog.

The json parser did not like that at all
Code: Select all
Error: Parse error on line 17:
...: "8176",      "path": " /Library/Applicati
----------------------^
Expecting 'STRING', 'NUMBER', 'NULL', 'TRUE', 'FALSE', '{', '[', got 'undefined'
Deleting the field value in the config dialog fixed it. The field is discussed briefly in the homebridge-indigo instructions, But, other users, especially who use the HBB plugin for their first config, might make the same mistake I did.

Posted on
Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:22 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

berkinet wrote:
Deleting the field value in the config dialog fixed it. The field is discussed briefly in the homebridge-indigo instructions, But, other users, especially who use the HBB plugin for their first config, might make the same mistake I did.

Interesting that I have not had that pop up in my testing, thanks for pointing it out!

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:11 pm
rehafer offline

Installed HBB today and it's mostly working well. The only problem is that I've always run Homebridge via Terminal. Can someone point the way launch HB so that HBB can start and stop it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:30 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Follow Webdecks instructions on installation, at the end is how to set it up for launchctl.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:58 pm
rehafer offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Follow Webdecks instructions on installation, at the end is how to set it up for launchctl.

Thanks, project for next day off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk