Homekit Bridge stopped working

Posted on
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:56 pm
docbjr offline

Homekit Bridge stopped working

I have been dealing with Homekit bridge for the past 3 days. For years I had no problems with my setup and I don't know what happened recently.

I am trying to set up several computers as backups in case of the failure of my main Indigo running computer.

Earlier today I had a Mac mini running perfectly. Apple Home worked and I could control devices with Siri.

So I duplicated the hard drive with Carbon Copy Cloner and booted it from another Mini to see if it worked. And it did not.I even installed the drive into the Mini with no luck. Indigo on the other hand works fine. . Devices with their own apps worked fine with Apple Home. But any devices that depended on Homekit Bridge refused to work. And the worst part is that when I re-installed the Mini that worked earlier, it no longer did. Apple Home was dead.

I have no idea what is happening but would love to hear any thoughts.

Posted on
Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:41 am
docbjr offline

Re: Homekit Bridge stopped working

I believe I solved it finally.

I could not simply duplicate the working SSD that was in the Hackintosh to the SSD in the Mini, since the systems were so different. So what I did previously (that did not work) was to copy the Indigo stuff in Library/Application Support and Library Preferences.
And what happened was that Apple Home and Homekit Bridge failed.

So last night while I thought about this in bed, it hit me…..I needed to also copy the Indigo stuff and Apple Home stuff that were in my Users/Library/Preferences. This apparently cured the Home problems.

So it looks like it’s working. The problem was that I had not been copying over everything I needed to.

Page 1 of 1