HomeKit Bridge ...

Posted on
Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:15 pm
rlesperance offline

HomeKit Bridge ...

HomeKit Bridge (HKB) was working ... until now.

First realized that Siri voice command was not working on my iPhone, followed by that all my Home devices (from HKB) on my iPhone were without answer (sans réponse).

In Indigo the HomeKit Server (HKS) was not running. I had to Rebuild the HK folder with the Advanced Plugin Actions from the Plugin menu in Indigo. Then I reloaded the HKB. It began running but the Home devices were still left without answer on my iPhone.

What could be going wrong ?

Posted on
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:06 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: HomeKit Bridge ...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:24 pm
rlesperance offline

I tried that link and nothing does it.

HKB is a very interesting add-on to Indigo ... the simple and intuitive integration of Siri voice commands and cellular access.

I am very sad to say that nothing works anymore.

Posted on
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:37 am
rlesperance offline

The HomeKit Bridge (HKB) was not running anymore. Home was unable to communicate with the devices.

I finally deleted all HomeKit/Indigo devices in HKB and added them again. They now work but require that I trigger them 2 times to open or close.

Somebody has a clue about this new problem ?

Is there any other way for Indigo to respond to Siri ? My first trial of HKB was so great and so easy. Now, with all these problems, HKB is a tedious way of working with Siri, even more problematic, because it is an unsupported solution.

Posted on
Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:26 pm
jltnol offline

FWIW, I've not had the SAME problem, but Siri sometimes says she can't communicate with the devices... or some such reply. I would say this happens maybe three or four times a week... not nearly all the time, and not nearly often enough for me to notice it as a problem. When communication doesn't work, I just ask Siri to do the same thing again... and she does, as any good digital assistant should.

Posted on
Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:48 am
rlesperance offline

Thanks for posting.

Siri with HKB is great ... when it works. Really great. Maybe there will come another solution integrating Siri with Indigo with that efficiency.

Considering the abundant problems using it and the fact that it's not supported, I will rather hope that Indigo finds something to replace it.

Posted on
Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:28 pm
siclark offline

I get the same. More noticeable from the Apple Watch than phone. Alexa is noticeably better at getting the instruction first time. Although she does get things wrong more than Siri. Maybe that’s where Apple is more cautious if uncertain. Although I tend to put it down to connection issues.

Page 1 of 1