Homekit Bridge Fails To Start After Update To Big Sur

Posted on
Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:22 pm
daveHawk offline

Homekit Bridge Fails To Start After Update To Big Sur

Having been a big fan of HomeKit Bridge for a long time, i'm in fix after updating to Big Sur. The plugin fails to startup with the following message:

#####################################################################
# HOMEKIT BRIDGE HIDDEN ITEMS WARNING #
# You have 186 Indigo items being hidden, you can manage these #
# from the plugin menu. #

HomeKit Bridge Debug Rebuilding configuration for 'Shack Apple HomeKit'
HomeKit Bridge Debug Saving 'Shack Apple HomeKit' configuration to /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1906179111
HomeKit Bridge HomeKit Bridge is running the latest version, no update needed
HomeKit Bridge Attempting to start 'Shack Apple HomeKit'
HomeKit Bridge HomeKit Bridge is loaded and ready to use

Jan 29, 2021 at 7:06:22 PM
HomeKit Bridge Error HomeKit server 'Shack Apple HomeKit' could not be started, please check the service logs for more information,
now issuing a forced shutdown of the service to be safe.

If you continue to have problems starting this server use the Advanced Plugin Actions menu option to rebuild the Homebridge folder.
Instructions at https://github.com/Colorado4Wheeler/Hom ... dge-folder
HomeKit Bridge Attempting to stop 'Shack Apple HomeKit'
HomeKit Bridge HomeKit server 'Shack Apple HomeKit' has been stopped

Does anyone have any suggestions for a solution, where should I look?

Thanks.

Posted on
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:02 pm
Londonmark offline

Re: Homekit Bridge Fails To Start After Update To Big Sur

Quite often find that HKB doesn’t start straightaway so I have a schedule set up to check if it’s running every fifteen mins. If it isn’t, the schedule switches it on.

Posted on
Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:05 am
DaveL17 offline

I find the same and have for quite some time. After rebooting the server machine, I find that my HKB device fails to start. I have a trigger set to send me a text message to let me know. After a few minutes, I find that I can start it successfully. When I moved my server to a new machine, I had to rebuild the Homebridge folder and re-add my bridge to Home.app, but since then, it's been working fine. Can't help on the Big Sur front as I've not taken that plunge yet.
Last edited by DaveL17 on Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:45 am
Londonmark offline

All fine with Big Sur for me. The schedule to kick start HKB works really well and probably goes back to before Catalina.

Posted on
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:50 am
daveHawk offline

I got HomeKit Bridge working:

1) From the plugin menu: Advanced Plugin Actions -> Rebuild Homebridge Folder (I had to do this more than once)

At this point the plugin was running. But, the Apple Home app did not see the plugin device/server - rebooting the Indigo server, restarting the plugin and killing/restarting the iOS app did not help. So, I made a new HomeKit server and the iOS app was able to connect to it. So far, so good!

2) On the iOS app I deleted all of the non-responding devices that were still shown in the various rooms.

3) From the plugin menu: Advanced Plugin Actions > Move Items Between Servers

At his point all of the moved devices and actions showed up on the app. Even automations I had built using the HomeKit Bridge were active and working! I had to move devices into the proper "rooms", but other than that everything was intact.

Thanks for your comments.

Posted on
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:57 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

daveHawk wrote:
I got HomeKit Bridge working

Thanks a lot for the details, this will no doubt help others that may experience similar issues.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:45 pm
WeSeaKiley offline

daveHawk wrote:
I got HomeKit Bridge working:

1) From the plugin menu: Advanced Plugin Actions -> Rebuild Homebridge Folder (I had to do this more than once)

At this point the plugin was running. But, the Apple Home app did not see the plugin device/server - rebooting the Indigo server, restarting the plugin and killing/restarting the iOS app did not help. So, I made a new HomeKit server and the iOS app was able to connect to it. So far, so good!

2) On the iOS app I deleted all of the non-responding devices that were still shown in the various rooms.

3) From the plugin menu: Advanced Plugin Actions > Move Items Between Servers

At his point all of the moved devices and actions showed up on the app. Even automations I had built using the HomeKit Bridge were active and working! I had to move devices into the proper "rooms", but other than that everything was intact.

Thanks for your comments.

This worked to get mine back online, thank you for posting!

Page 1 of 1