HomeKit ignoring Insteon Preset Dim Settings

Posted on
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:04 pm
ryandenver offline

HomeKit ignoring Insteon Preset Dim Settings

Greetings

I was unable to find this in search, so apologies if it's a duplicate.

Updated for clarity:

When I use a scene created in HomeKit, either the Insteon dimmer or Home Bridge may or may not activate the Insteon dimmers to the preset dim levels. Sometimes it may respond correctly, others times all lights may go to 100%, other times some lights in the scene will dim correctly while others go to 100%.

When I use Siri to activate a dimmer and tell it to "dim device to X%", sometimes the light dims to X% and other times it will go to 100% on the first request, and actually dim correctly on the second attempt.

Thanks for letting me know if there's anything I'm missing either in HomeKit, HomeKit Bridge, or Indigo.

Ryan

Posted on
Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:44 pm
DU Lou offline

Re: HomeKit ignoring Insteon Preset Dim Settings

Bumping this one too...

When I tell Siri to set the brightness of a light it follows through and then the light will then goto 100%:

Code: Select all
Mar 27, 2021 at 6:30:29 PM
   Sent INSTEON                    "Bar Lights" on to 50
      Sent INSTEON                    "Bar Lights" on to 100

I think this has to do with the default level of the insteon device. I tested by setting the default level of one of my devices to 33% and then (with the light off, told Siri to 70% :

Code: Select all
Sent INSTEON                   Lou's Lamp" on to 70
   Sent INSTEON                    "Lou's Lamp" on to 33

Is this known and expected behavior or do I need to change something?

Thanks
~Lou

Posted on
Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:34 pm
HAupgrade2 offline

I am also having problems with Siri commands to set any lightbulbs (switchlinc dimmers) to a specific percentage e.g. “ hey Siri set Dining Room Light to 30%”. No matter what I set as the device’s default dim level I receive two logged commands. In this example Dining Room Light set to 30% is the first logged command. Then I receive an immediate second response which states Dining Room Light is set to 100%.

I have no triggers configured or action groups. We have one HomeKit approved light which does not go through either Indigo or HomeKit Bridge and works as expected with a single command.

I am unsure how to solve this problem but do know that all worked well for many years with Indigo and HomeKit Bridge without an issue. This started over a year ago and I just haven’t had time to investigate it. We have been working around the problem by issuing two verbal commands for every action. We first use a “turn on X“ command followed by a second “set X to x%” command.

If anybody has a suggestions it would be gratefully appreciated! This effects virtually all of our daily interactions with our home.

Posted on
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:42 am
jltnol offline

FWIW, even if I ask Siri to "Turn on the light to 50%", it always just turns on to the default brightness set in Indigo (most of my dimmers are Insteon). After it is On, I can tell Siri the same thing and the light will go to the level I've asked for. Not a huge issue for me as most of the time I just want the light on.

Page 1 of 1