Double-tap and KeypadLincs

Posted on
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:30 pm
Memaddog offline

Double-tap and KeypadLincs

I searched the forum, but didn't find any mention of this - is there a way currently or a plan to expose the double-tap command and/or KeypadLinc buttons to homekit? Having the double-tap function on SwitchLincs available as a virtual switch in homekit (that resets back to off after a second) would be awesome. Similarly being able to use KeypadLinc buttons as buttons in homekit would be great. As my home grows beyond what Insteon and Z-Wave have to offer, it's a bummer that some of these great Insteon features are limited to only those devices within Indigo.

Posted on
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:08 pm
jltnol offline

Re: Double-tap and KeypadLincs

I've got several KeyPads and most turn on to 99% brightness with a single tap or when I ask Siri to turn it on. When I double tap to 100%, that sets off a trigger that does more stuff.

I did find I can say, "Hey Siri, set the Kitchen to 100%", and that works. The light goes to 100%, setting off my full brightness trigger.

Of course using Siri won't do you any good if you are looking for this to work in the app itself...

Posted on
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:13 pm
rehafer offline

Re: Double-tap and KeypadLincs

Could you create a Virtual Device in Indigo based on double taps, add that device to HKB, then use that to trigger automations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1