No joy at all with this

Posted on
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:18 am
Busta999 offline

No joy at all with this

Created two different HomeKit Bridges

Added devices to them

Nope not showing up in HomeKit

How do you force them to show up in HomeKit?

Set these up a few hours ago and still not showing and repeatedly adding the bridges is not doing anything either

Spent a few hours on this got nowhere....

In the beginning I had some progress - I had a couple of them sensors show up - not actually showing any temperature

But they done show up any more

Is HomeKit really this flakey?

Posted on
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:04 pm
siclark offline

No joy at all with this

The HomeKit bridge plugin is incredibly stable and once setup the devices in the home app are also very reliable in their operation.

Can you give some more detail on what you are doing to add the bridge into the Home app.

I presume you are trying to add the bridge as per the manual? Do you see your bridge devices at any of these steps?

https://github.com/Colorado4Wheeler/HomeKit-Bridge/wiki/Getting-Started-Quickstart#adding-your-new-accessory-to-your-homekit-app

Posted on
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:31 pm
Busta999 offline

Re: No joy at all with this

Thanks for the reply

I’ll have another go tomorrow

One of the servers showed up the other did not

My concern was not the plug-in but the HomeKit itself

Posted on
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:59 pm
FlyingDiver offline

What's your primary HomeKit controller? An AppleTV? A HomePod?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:24 am
jltnol offline

So I'm kind of in the same boat. I've read the plugin instructions and mostly understand how this should work.... Basically you create a Indigo Device from the plugin, and from there, populate that device with both Indigo Devices and Action Groups you'd like Homekit, to control . So far, so good. The plugin "shares" all that info to HomeKit so they can be controlled from the HomeKit app and presumably Siri..... or at least that's my understanding.

Where I fall down is I have no experience with HomekIt (MY fault), but it is not obvious to me how to get the plugin info/data to actually populate in HomeKit.

On the phone, in the app under Home Settings, I'm adding a New Home (my only one) and calling it Indigo, and I've got it connected to my ATV. Back on the Home Screen, I'm trying to Add Accessory, am asked to scan for a code, or choose My Accessory Isn't Shown Here, which triggers a search, which doesn't turn up anything.

I've run thru the settings on the ATV and on the HomeKit app on my phone, but just don't see/understand how the plugin connects to either my AppleTV or the HomeKit app . I guess what I'm expecting is for all my Indigo devices to appear as Accessories in HomeKit, but again, don't think the plugin and the HomeKit environment are communicating.
Last edited by jltnol on Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:31 am
FlyingDiver offline

In the iOS Home app, click the + at the top and add an accessory. Then go through the menus until you get to where you can use a manual code. (It's more hidden in iOS 14). Then use the code "031-45-154" which is in the address field of the Indigo device. I think it also puts it in the log when you create the device.

Once you do that, HomeKit will talk to the plugin and populate the devices.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:37 am
FlyingDiver offline

Also, have you read the QuickStart for the plugin?

https://github.com/Colorado4Wheeler/Hom ... Quickstart

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:51 am
jltnol offline

Thanks for the tip

I was reading from this page:
https://github.com/Colorado4Wheeler/Hom ... ver-Device
which has less info than the one you posted., Although after entering the code, it doesn't seem to be adding any devices... wheel still spinning....
BUT, at least I have more info than when I started.

Think I'll delete the device, restart then plugin and start over armed with much more information.

Thanks

Not complaining, but it would be nice if all this info was in one place.

Posted on
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:13 pm
jltnol offline

Ok so got more there, than not there, and now getting lots and lots of error messages.

I'm able to install and activate the plugin with no errors, but as soon as I create my server device, I get this error:
Code: Select all
HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in plugin.serverFormFieldChanged_Device line 3595: 'key objectType not found in dict'
                      CODE: if valuesDict['objectType'] == 'device' or valuesDict['objectType'] == 'devicefiltered':

HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in plugin.serverFormFieldChanged_Action line 3654: 'key objectType not found in dict'
                      CODE: if valuesDict['objectType'] == 'action' or valuesDict['objectType'] == 'actionfiltered':

HomeKit Bridge                  Server 'new device' has changed ports or users, validating config

I can successfully add, edit, and delete devices from the HomeKit server,.
Next I get a popup in the OS saying the plugin cannot be opened because of unverified developer. When asked if I want to move to the trash, I choose cancel, and have to do so several times.
Now this is the error that shows up:
Code: Select all
HomeKit Bridge Error            Unable to create the configuration folder under '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1120866760', '***HKS' will be unable to run until this issue is resolved.  Please verify permissions and create the folder by hand if needed.
   HomeKit Bridge Error            While performing a sanity check on the config folder, /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1120866760 was not there.
   HomeKit Bridge Error            Unable to create the configuration folder under '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1120866760', '***HKS' will be unable to run until this issue is resolved.  Please verify permissions and create the folder by hand if needed.
   HomeKit Bridge                  Recreated the configuration folder at /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1120866760.
   HomeKit Bridge Error            While performing a sanity check on the config folder, /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1120866760/com.webdeck.homebridge.1120866760.plist was not there.
   HomeKit Bridge Error            While performing a sanity check on the config folder, /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1120866760/accessories was not there.
   HomeKit Bridge                  Removing /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1120866760 so it can be regenerated.
   HomeKit Bridge                  HomeKit Bridge is running the latest version, no update needed
   HomeKit Bridge                  Recreated the configuration folder at /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1120866760.
   HomeKit Bridge                  Attempting to start '***HKS'
   HomeKit Bridge                  HomeKit Bridge is loaded and ready to use

I've checked the right directory and the HomeKit folder is already there. I've deleted it, and restarted the plugin and the folder is recreated. There are no special permissions setup for anything, and everything for Indigo is in the default file location. I've also deleted the com.eps.indigoplugin..... folder, and the numbered folder inside, and manually recreated them, but the server still won't start.

Finally at some point, I get the last error message saying the server has been shut down, and to try rebuilding the Homebridge folder, which doesn't solve the problem.

I haven't changed any of the ports or advanced functions... The last line seems to indicate that all is well.... but my HomeKit Devices still shows "Stopped", so can't connect to the app on the phone.

I'm guessing there is something wrong here.... it all seems so simple, but I can't get the HomeKit server to run.

Posted on
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:33 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=24448

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:35 pm
jltnol offline

So got it all to work.

Wow.
Just.
Wow

I can't even imagine the amount of work that went into developing this plugin, and getting it all to work so perfectly. Amazing doesn't come close.

Thanks to all who wrote the code for this plugin, and to user FlyingDiver for walking me thru the steps I didn't take and/or read about to get this working.

Posted on
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:15 pm
siclark offline

+1. The effort that C4W put into this is immense. It was months of development and testing and 10s of thousands of lines of code.
It’s one of the reasons I love this platform and this user group (and obviously Matt and Jay).

Posted on
Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:07 pm
Doctor Q offline

Another satisfied customer; I just installed Homebridge.io on my Indigo Mac and HomeKit-ified a Ubiquiti G4 Doorbell. Now the HomePods chime and the Apple TV’s show a snapshot of the camera in a PIP. This, along with the plug-in on Indigo checks all the boxes for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1