"Virtual' Garage door opener device to Homekit???

Posted on
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:12 am
outsidenwnc offline

"Virtual' Garage door opener device to Homekit???

Good Day All-

I have separate relays, sensors for my garage door and was curious if anyone has successfully created a virtual device / group or used masquerade/ etc to combine these into something that would be recognized In Homekit for a 'Garage Door Opener' device and indicate state (open close) and provide control control ???

I see this in the Homekit plug in doc's but makes no reference to control-
GarageDoorOpener

Device: Garage Door Opener

Required: ObstructionDetected | TargetDoorState | CurrentDoorState

Optional: LockTargetState | Name | LockCurrentState

Default Indigo Values:

ObstructionDetected: TBD
TargetDoorState: binaryInput1 (MultiIODevice) | state.open (Device.com.frightideas.indigoplugin.dscAlarm.alarmZone) | onState (all)
CurrentDoorState: binaryInput1 (MultiIODevice) | state.open (Device.com.frightideas.indigoplugin.dscAlarm.alarmZone) | onState (all)
LockTargetState: TBD
Name: TBD
LockCurrentState: TBD

Posted on
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:43 pm
cuhouse offline

Re: "Virtual' Garage door opener device to Homekit???

I use Perry’s garage door device from his Cynical Behaviors Plugin. I have been using it for at least a couple years with no issues. I use a Shelly 1 with Aaron’s Shelly MQTT Plugin to control a Lift Master 8500. The door has a sensor on it for open/close status which is also fed into the same Shelly 1. You can use any device with Perry’s Plugin but it does need both a control device and an open/close status device.

I have the Cynical Behavior garage door device included in HomeKit Bridge.

Hope this helps.

Jody

Indigo 2022.1.2, Big Sur v11.7.1, Dedicated late 2014 Mac Mini, PowerLinc 2413U.

Posted on
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:38 am
roquej offline

Re:

cuhouse wrote:
I use Perry’s garage door device from his Cynical Behaviors Plugin. I have been using it for at least a couple years with no issues. I use a Shelly 1 with Aaron’s Shelly MQTT Plugin to control a Lift Master 8500. The door has a sensor on it for open/close status which is also fed into the same Shelly 1. You can use any device with Perry’s Plugin but it does need both a control device and an open/close status device.

Hope this helps.

Jody

May I ask, how do you have the relay connected to the Liftmaster 8500? Do you have it connected directly to the 8500 or soldered to a remote (wired or wireless)? If it's direct to the 8500, could you share how you did it?

Thanks,

JP

(corrected grammar and expanded question)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:31 pm
cuhouse offline

Re: Re:

roquej wrote:
cuhouse wrote:

Hope this helps.

Jody

May I ask, how do you have the relay connected to the Liftmaster 8500? Do you have it connected directly to the 8500 or soldered to a remote (wired or wireless)? If it's direct to the 8500, could you share how you did it?

Thanks,

JP

(corrected grammar and expanded question)

JP,

I soldered wires to the contact pads on one of the buttons of an 895MAX 3 button remote. The small key fob size 890MAX would fit nicer but it is what I had. The button wires are then connected to a Shelly 1 relay. The open/close door sensor is connected to the switch contact of the same Shelly 1.

IMG_0971.jpg
Remote
IMG_0971.jpg (111.81 KiB) Viewed 1499 times

I bought my LiftMaster 8500 in March 2016 and this was the option (hacking a remote) I had available at the time. I don't think Joe had his MYQ plugin for Indigo yet. It works well this way and it gives me an extra button right by the garage door which comes in handy when I am working on the cars.

IMG_0970.jpg
Wall
IMG_0970.jpg (77.65 KiB) Viewed 1499 times

Jody

Indigo 2022.1.2, Big Sur v11.7.1, Dedicated late 2014 Mac Mini, PowerLinc 2413U.

Posted on
Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:35 pm
roquej offline

Thank you. That is exactly what I did, but using a Z-Wave relay.

I didn’t think there is a way to connected directly to the 8500, which is why I asked, just in case.

JP

Posted on
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:01 am
outsidenwnc offline

The Cynical Behaviors device worked like a champ - thanks!

Page 1 of 1