HK no longer talks to HKB

Posted on
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:43 am
Different Computers offline

HK no longer talks to HKB

I'm afraid there are several variables involved here, plus this has been happening for at least a week and I jut haven't had the attention to put into troubleshooting this until now.

While I've seen occasional errors in the Indigo log about HomeKit Bridge having to shut down, when I look at the HKB logs this morning I don't see anything that jumps out at me as an error, though the logs are very dense in general and I could be missing something. I've tried all the applicable Advanced options in HKB with no effect I can see, and no change in function.

The biggest change I can think of is that around the time things stopped working, I upgraded my HomePods to the current OS that comes with iOS13. But I'm not at all certain these actually happened at the same time. I have restarted them as some basic troubleshooting. No change.

Siri works for any native HomeKit device, and fails for all HKB devices. Same in the Home app.

I'm at a loss on how to troubleshoot this, after having restarted everything, including the Mac Indigo runs on.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:18 am
Different Computers offline

Re: HK no longer talks to HKB

OK, I deleted the HKB servers and recreated one of them. I deleted the bridges from the Home App which was still seeing the devices, though as Not Responding.

Here's where it gets weird:

The old primary server was called, let's say, The Hill. It had many many devices. I deleted it in Indigo and as above.

The new replacement server in HKB is called TheHill which I did just to make sure there wasn't confusion.

I added TheHill to HomeKit in the Home App, and many devices populated. In fact, TOO MANY devices populated Like all the old devices. And, just for extra excitement, when I look at what bridge they're from, it says The Hill not TheHill.

Also, while none of them show as Not Responding, they all do nothing when triggered either by voice or via the Home app.

Looks like I need to delete everything and start over. Other ideas?

Edit: Wondering if this could be the problem. viewtopic.php?f=201&t=22522&p=177981#p177981 Edit 2: NOPE. "7.3" is hard coded in the prefs already.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1