Homekit Bridge, Siri, and Spinklers

Posted on
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:58 am
akimball offline

Homekit Bridge, Siri, and Spinklers

Hi,

While outside much of the day working on my sprinkler system, i realized my iphone was getting soaked as i needed it to test, and re-test my sprinkler modifications. I realized that my Apple Watch is water-proof and wished for individual sprinkler zone control for each of my 21 sprinkler zones. HomeKit Bridge immediately came to mind.

My sprinkler control is via 3 SmartEnit EZFlora devices, each with up to 8 zones. So this evening I created 21 action groups for each of the zones and a 22nd action group to turn things off. I then created a “HomeKit Bridge” Server to hold the 22 sprinkler actions, named them appropriately, and added them to HomeKit. Using my Apple Watch, while laying on the grass getting soaked and adjusting sprinklers, blowing out dirty water, and making all kinds of mud pools, I can now just tap my watch button and say “Sprinkler Seven” and just like magic, zone 7 turns on.

The problem is, my “Sprinklers Off” action is never making it to Indigo. The “sprinklers off” action is a three part action which turns OFF the 3 SmartEnit EZFlora’s in sequence, using the “sprinklers off and clear all schedules” command in indigo. Siri always says something like “coming right up” or “your wish is my command” (haha) but nothing happens with indigo. No trace of “sprinklers off” in the log. I see no attempt to execute the sprinkler off action group. But I can change or turn on any sprinkler zone, and the action to do that shows in the indigo log...just no off.

Any idea’s? TIA......and it’s possible that Siri does have a sense of humor :twisted: .

-Al

Posted on
Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:21 pm
akimball offline

Re: Homekit Bridge, Siri, and Spinklers

Fixed it, turned out to be a typo. I’m using back to my mac to log into a screen which is 1920x1200, on an 11” powerbook....didn’t see some missing el characters.

So sprinkler off command to siri now works, albeit slow. It’s shutting down 3 ezflora’s. So I added three more off commands.... “flora one off”, flora two off”, and “flora three off” which is a little faster.

Thanks for siri integration via homekit bridge. Love how fast it reacts compared with alexa.

-Al

Page 1 of 1