Is it possible to alias a device in to multiple rooms

Posted on
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:02 am
Wizard Sleeve offline

Is it possible to alias a device in to multiple rooms

Heres what I'm trying to do..

I have a iPad wall mounted in my lounge. I just have it showing the room "Lounge" with associated controls, but I have another room "Garden" which has Several cameras from security spy and the ability to open my front gate. I want to keep those devices in my "Garden Room" but would also like the ability to see the gate and open it whilst in the "Lounge" room screen.

I didn't know if a device could be aliased on the server side as I can't see a way to do it on the HomeKit side.

Lee

Posted on
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:09 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Is it possible to alias a device in to multiple rooms

The best way to accomplish this is to have another HKB server that has different names for devices used on other servers. I.e., you have Front Gate on the HKB server named HomeKit Bridge Server and you want to have this control in the Garden as well, so you create another HKB server called something like HomeKit Bridge Aliases and name the device Gate or Front Main Gate, etc (you should name it something different for your own sanity). Then add the new server to HomeKit and you have these "duplicate" devices to assign to your Garden room.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:13 am
Wizard Sleeve offline

Re: Is it possible to alias a device in to multiple rooms

Brilliant thanks for that. Just couldn’t work out a way to do it.

Lee

Page 1 of 1