Fix for HKB Referencing 7.0 Folders (may fix other issues)

Posted on
Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:45 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Fix for HKB Referencing 7.0 Folders (may fix other issues)

I did some digging today and found why HKB is referencing the 7.0 folder after upgrading past 7.0 and that is because the Homebridge server itself hard writes a config on the first time you load the plugin and that statically writes the preference folder to the plist file. I had noticed that a number of my devices were getting "Sorry, I could not find that device" from Siri and this fixed that as well.

I'm looking at ways to address this programmatically but you can fix it manually by:
  • On the Indigo server, navigate to /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.3/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge
  • For each folder in this folder you will do the next steps
  • Edit the com.webdeck.homebridge.[server-id].plist
  • Change the paths under WorkingDirectory and ProgramArguments to hard link to 7.3 instead of 7 (or 7.2 or whatever version you first used HKB on)
  • Reload the plugin

You can verify this issue by looking at the logs ind /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.3/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/[server-id], you will notice no logs have updated recently, but if you go to the 7.0 version of this folder all the logs are updating there. If this happens then you know that you are pointed to the old folder.

By the way, this also fixed my HomeKit cameras! Now that this has been diagnosed hopefully I can patch it soon to fix this for future Indigo updates.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:42 pm
rehafer offline

Re: Fix for HKB Referencing 7.0 Folders (may fix other issue

I've just tried this. While everything appears to load properly on reload, I get all No Response in the Home app for HKB devices. Any clue where I should look to fix this problem?
Edit: It's only one of the HKB servers (the one with most of the devices) Deleting and reading now.

Posted on
Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:36 pm
akimball offline

Worked like a charm. Mine were stuck at 7, changed them to 7.3. All working now. The new one i created for sprinklers yesterday worked whenI created it...so i knew it had to be something like this.

-Al

Posted on
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:23 pm
durosity offline

Just for reference this didn’t fix my HKB cameras.. well.. one of them which has an SD image rather than HD.. but then I’m not sure if it worked before or not.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:53 am
mikejandreau offline

This magic dance (as well as the troubleshooting suggested in Github) didn't work for me.

As a last resort, I restarted my server's hardware this morning, but all of my devices still show as No response.

I tried adding another server and a test device to it, but that never showed up in Apple's Home app, and Siri says the device doesn't exist.

Should I nuke the whole thing and try re-installing the plugin from scratch and re-add all my devices to it? Anything else I can try?

Edit: I deleted my Homekit Server in Indigo and re-added it with one test device. When I go to the Home app on my iPhone and click Add Accessory, I don't get the "Nearby Devices", as shown in the instructions.

If I click Manual Code → Enter Code and input the code for my Homekit Server, no Accessories show on the next screen. I've confirmed the Homekit Server is running, but Homekit in iOS isn't seeing any accessories anywhere to add to it.

I think I've troubleshot this as best I can at this point, going all the way back to "start over" (including with a new "Home" in the Home app) to no avail.

Double Edit: I removed my Home, waited half an hour and tried again. Still no luck.

Then I renamed my Homekit Server to something different and it showed up. I was able to add it back into my Home app. Now I just need to re-configure all my scenes and move my devices to the right room and I'm all set.

Page 1 of 1