Is there a way to make a temp sensor from the NOAA plugin?

Posted on
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:37 am
emergent offline

Is there a way to make a temp sensor from the NOAA plugin?

I bought a Eve Degree outdoor temperature sensor. It is terribly inaccurate. The place I need to put it gets a lot of direct sunlight, and since it's black, the temperature is extremely wrong during the day. It's currently 26 degrees out where I am, and the temperature sensor is showing 70 degrees. At night time it is the correct temperature. Terrible design.

Anyway, can I pull the temperature from the NOAA plugin for my local weather station and import that into HomeKit?

Any help is appreciated.

Posted on
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:26 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Is there a way to make a temp sensor from the NOAA plugi

You could probably use the Masquerade plugin (http://www.indigodomo.com/pluginstore/34/) to create a value sensor device based on some state in the NOAA plugin, and then tell HomeKit that device is a thermostat.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:54 am
emergent offline

Thanks. I set up the plugin and I'm pulling data without issue. I tried using that value as a thermostat and a temperature sensor in HomeBridge and the temperature displayed in Home just stays at the generic 32 degrees. I'll see if it updates once the temperature value from NOAA actually changes.

Posted on
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:04 pm
rehafer offline

I have the 32 degree problem also using Wunderground data. The HomeKit device never reads below 32, but when it’s warmer than freezing it works as expected. If you find a solution, please post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:33 am
rehafer offline

Now that it’s cold again I remembered the 32 degrees problem. It appears with all my HKB devices. Has anyone found a solution while I’ve been distracted during warm weather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1