rachio irrigation controller

Posted on
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:28 pm
kelmk offline

rachio irrigation controller

Hello, I am using the rach.io plugin for indigo and I am able to add the irrigation controller to homekit bridge but when I see it in Homekit there are no zones. Is there some other way I need to configure this in homekit bridge?
Thanks

Posted on
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:51 pm
LSpad offline

Re: rachio irrigation controller

Hi there, thanks so much for the great plugin. I’m also using the Rachio controller and it would be great to be able to control the zones from HomeKit. My understanding is that Matt’s rachio plug-in creates a standard indigo sprinkler with a bunch of additional custom states from the rachio API.

Posted on
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:55 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I'm working on an update to the Rachio plugin, so if there's something I need to change to better support HomeKit, let me know.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:35 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

FlyingDiver wrote:
I'm working on an update to the Rachio plugin, so if there's something I need to change to better support HomeKit, let me know.

And I actually wrote the original one... :lol:

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:39 am
LSpad offline

Thanks Joe and Jay!

At present the HomeKit bridge can show the status of the irrigation system but it is not possible to control the Rachio from Homekit. I'm not sure what would be needed to improve the integration or how difficult that would be.

Thanks to all involved in developing these plugins - both HomeKit Bridge and the Rachio plugin are fantastic

With best wishes
Luke

Posted on
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:19 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I have the basic framework in place for full irrigation support in HomeKit Bridge but that's when work got ultra busy and it hasn't slowed down much since then. It's something I still want to finish just for my own HA stuff so it's on the map. I am actually trying to set up some Indigo coding time as a project because I think that's the only way it is going to get on my calendar :).

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Page 1 of 1