Best way to remove and reinstall HomeKit Bridge

Posted on
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:47 pm
emmayche offline

Best way to remove and reinstall HomeKit Bridge

I've been trying to get the Siri integration back into Indigo since a new release killed it a while back.

So I installed HKBridge, and after a couple of false starts, I can get almost any device to turn on...

And absolutely none of them to turn off.

What's the best way to completely remove HKBridge (and possible remnants of HKBuddy) and reinstall it? (And, correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't I be able to say, "Hey Siri, turn off Dining Room light" and have it shut off?)

Thanks very much for all the effort you've put in on this.

Posted on
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:55 pm
agame offline

Re: Best way to remove and reinstall HomeKit Bridge

ditto to this question....
....I have homekit bridge appearing to work perfectly (from indigo's perspective) but HomeKit refuses to see the servers. Used to work perfectly. I think the next step is to start again.

Posted on
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:56 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

There are issues with the HomeKit database that can cause devices to get stuck, the easiest way is to simply delete them from the HomeKit app so they are totally gone and then go into the HKB server(s) and change the user ID by one character, that should force HomeKit to see it as a totally new server and re-add it.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:41 am
wormhole offline

how do you change the userid?

Posted on
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:07 am
wormhole offline

I was getting the devices not responding error. could fix it any way. fully deleted, home, then Indigo plugin including the com. file and folder in Indigo 7.4/Preferences/Plugins. Now when trying to add the HK Server to the Home app, the home app doesn't see the server. Any suggestions appreciated.

EDIT:

nothing i do seems to work. No matter what I do all devices are 'no response'. August lock works fine, just the Homebridge Kit devices via Indigo plugin won't work. Deleted home after removing bridge server, deleted plugin and prefs and coms files, fully reinstalled, rebotted iMac, nothing, can't get the plugin to work at all. Changed user ID per guide, still nothing. Was working fine up until a few days ago. I had already upgraded to Catalina well before and it worked fine. Same goes for 13.3 on my iphone. Same with 7.4. I.e., there were no changes on my mac or PC or indigo prior to it no longer working.

Given Alexa plugin doesn't work this was my only form of voice control and now it no longer works. Any suggestions appreciated.

Page 1 of 1