Migration from Homebridge Buddy

Posted on
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:48 am
brlandy offline

Migration from Homebridge Buddy

Hi, I am (finally) trying to migrate from Homebridge Buddy to HomeKit Bridge, and am running into a problem. The new bridge is successfully created, I can stop the old Homebridge Buddy device and start the new HomeKit bridge device successfully, but then HomeKit no longer sees any of the accessories attached to the existing bridge.

I noticed that the username (MAC address) was different between the old and new devices, so I changed that in the advanced properties, but the new bridge still does not appear to HomeKit as if it were the old bridge.

Do I actually need to delete the old bridge and its devices from HomeKit, add the new one, and re-create my HomeKit setup from scratch (reassign devices to rooms, scenes, etc.)? If not, what else can I check to see what is going wrong?

Thank you,
Brian

Posted on
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:22 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Migration from Homebridge Buddy

brlandy wrote:
Do I actually need to delete the old bridge and its devices from HomeKit, add the new one, and re-create my HomeKit setup from scratch (reassign devices to rooms, scenes, etc.)? If not, what else can I check to see what is going wrong?

Yes you do because the Homebridge server has changed to something else, the old HBB server devices are tied to that server.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:23 pm
brlandy offline

Re: Migration from Homebridge Buddy

Thank you, it wasn't too bad to do but wanted to be certain before I did so. Anyway it's all working great!

Page 1 of 1