Homekit Bridge and AD2USB plugin - Vista Alarm Panel

Posted on
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:37 am
7rdr7 offline

Homekit Bridge and AD2USB plugin - Vista Alarm Panel

I've been playing around with Homekit Bridge and the AD2USB plugin to add my Vista 21ip alarm panel to my Home App. The alarm and zone states work fine within Indigo but don't change states within Homekit Bridge/Home app. Is this a supported use case? I see threads on DCS panels, but not AD2USB.

Posted on
Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:05 pm
ac4lt offline

Re: Homekit Bridge and AD2USB plugin - Vista Alarm Panel

I do a similar thing. You can't use the ad2usb zone devices directly. They aren't in a format that HomeKit bridge understands. I use the Masquerade plugin to create a device that's in the form that HomeKit-bridge can deal with. For example, I have an ad2usb device named "Front Door (ad2usb)". I create a masquerade device that is an "on/off sensor device" set up like this:
- Select Plugin: AD2USB Alarm Interface
- Device to Masquerade: Front Door (AD2USB)
- State to Masquerade: zoneState
- Match String: Clear
- Reverse match logic: checked
- Sensor type: generic

This accurately mirrors the fault/clear value of the zoneState property as a boolean on/off state. Curiously I tried masquerading with a match string of "Fault" and glaring the reverse match logic check box and it didn't work. Since the reverse did work I didn't spend a lot of time to understand why.

Next, in HomeKit-bridge I add in device "Front Door (HomeKit)" aliased as "Front Door" with a contact sensor type. I also have invert state checked otherwise it shows up in HomeKit backwards though it is correct in Indigo.

Hope that helps!

Posted on
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:15 am
7rdr7 offline

Re: Homekit Bridge and AD2USB plugin - Vista Alarm Panel

Thanks, I'll try that! I use Masquerade for other Homekit functions, not sure why I didn't go that route.....

Page 1 of 1