Inaccurate states / failed behavior

Posted on
Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:31 pm
Jim offline

Inaccurate states / failed behavior

Hello.

This weekend I installed and configured the HomeKit bridge plug-in. I then added my devices to Apple's Home app.

Things worked as expected for a bit but as I started controlling devices either by the Indigo app or the Home app or Siri device states got confused and eventually unresponsive. I restart of the plug-in/server cleared things up until I controlled more devices and then same outcome. I saw in the documentation to restart the server every 8 hours which is fine but this happens almost immediately.

My question is this just where the plug-in maturity is at now (which is totally fine) or do I have a configuration/set-up issue?

Thanks all.
Jim

Posted on
Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:12 pm
Jim offline

Re: Inaccurate states / failed behavior

Read through the plug-in forums a bit more and one user said that a reboot made things behavior more as expected. I just rebooted the MacMini running Indigo and things are way better.

Jim

Posted on
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:40 pm
yassi offline

I have the same issue (observed today, because I'm using the plugin only since a week).
The Apps on my iPhone are showing a different state as the devices in Indigo.

So, does one have to restart the plugin from time to time?

Yassi

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:15 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

yassi wrote:
So, does one have to restart the plugin from time to time?

In general not, but it doesn't hurt to do so and I've always been in the habit of restarting my HKB servers highly because of any issue that might cause it to hang really upsets the balance of my home automation system since I rely so heavily on HomeKit. This is why there are two restarts built into the actions of the plugin - one to restart aa server and one to restart all servers and just run this in the middle of the night each night on a schedule.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:26 am
yassi offline

Ok, then I will try to set it up to do some restarts from time to time.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1