irrigation devices in HomeKit automations

Posted on
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:04 pm
agame offline

irrigation devices in HomeKit automations

I've set up an Eve Aqua HomeKit-enabled irrigation valve, and would like to 'reverse-integrate' this with Indigo.

It's in Bluetooth range of a HomePod, so it works perfectly for in-house and remote control via either the HomeKit or Eve Apps (the latter of which, like the Apple Home app, plays perfectly with all my Indigo/HomeKit bridge devices). I chose the Eve device because I have no power available in this area of garden, and so far as I'm aware there are no battery-powered (AU frequency) z-wave valve-controllers - with the hope of establishing quasi-Indigo integration by including the controller in automations triggered by virtual switches (eg, a 'raining' switch).

But from what I can establish thus far, irrigation controllers aren't available in HomeKit automations (either as triggers or devices, or in HomeKit scenes). So Indigo awareness or triggering seems not possible.

I assume this is Apple being cautious about inadvertent consequences associated with particular device classes? Anyone with deeper knowledge of HomeKit able to comment on this? Any workarounds?

Posted on
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:15 pm
agame offline

Re: irrigation devices in HomeKit automations

problem solved: .... to answer my own question ...while irrigation devices don't seem to be visible for creation of scenes or automations in the Apple Home app; they certainly are available to scenes in the Eve app. Once created, those scenes are visible to automations. Seems inconsistent...but there you go...

Page 1 of 1