Moved Indigo Install from 1 mac to another - issues starting

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:55 am
AndyVirus offline

Moved Indigo Install from 1 mac to another - issues starting

Hello,

I have for the most part successfully migrated from an old mac to a newer mac. All is working well except for Homekit Bridge which will not start.

I get:

Code: Select all
 HomeKit Bridge Error            HomeKit server 'HomeBridge1' could not be started, please check the service logs for more information,
now issuing a forced shutdown of the service to be safe.

If you continue to have problems starting this server use the Advanced Plugin Actions menu option to rebuild the Homebridge folder.
Instructions at https://github.com/Colorado4Wheeler/HomeKit-Bridge/wiki/Plugin-Menu-Utilities#rebuild-homebridge-folder
   HomeKit Bridge Error            HomeKit server 'HomeBridge2' could not be started, please check the service logs for more information,

If you continue to have problems starting this server use the Advanced Plugin Actions menu option to rebuild the Homebridge folder.
Instructions at https://github.com/Colorado4Wheeler/HomeKit-Bridge/wiki/Plugin-Menu-Utilities#rebuild-homebridge-folder
   HomeKit Bridge                  Attempting to stop 'HomeBridge1'
   HomeKit Bridge                  Attempting to stop 'HomeBridge2'
   HomeKit Bridge                  HomeKit server 'HomeBridge1' has been stopped
   HomeKit Bridge                  HomeKit server 'HomeBridge2' has been stopped

I have tried rebuilding the folders for both servers but same error. Debug does not give any other errors, just shows the devices it is using.

Could I have some help troubleshooting this issue. I really don't want to have to delete all and re-do all as it took an age to get devices in the correct groups in the Home app with status requests on and off depending. If thats the only resort left I will do but I am hoping that someone can help with some troubleshooting ideas. (There is no fingers crossed emoji)

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:00 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Moved Indigo Install from 1 mac to another - issues star

Please post the HKB log and Homebridge logs - both from the Advanced Actions plugin menu in HKB.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:44 am
AndyVirus offline

If i click show homebridge log on either bridge i get

4 Oct 2018 at 17:40:43
   HomeKit Bridge                  /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/EPS HomeKit Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/homebridge/homebridge: line 1: ../node/bin/homebridge: No such file or directory

How do i get the HKB log? Is that Plugin data dump?

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:49 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

You can safely delete the folders under /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge because the plugin will rebuild them dynamically when restarted and you won't lose anything. Try that first, let's see what happens. You can just move that folder elsewhere if you want (like to your desktop), just so long as HKB gets to rebuild it all.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:55 am
AndyVirus offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
You can safely delete the folders under /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge because the plugin will rebuild them dynamically when restarted and you won't lose anything. Try that first, let's see what happens. You can just move that folder elsewhere if you want (like to your desktop), just so long as HKB gets to rebuild it all.

Removed the folders under there with the plugin stopped then started the plugin, seems to be the same:

4 Oct 2018 at 17:53:09
   Enabling plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2"
   Starting plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2" (pid 2348)
   HomeKit Bridge                  Caching all HomeKit Bridge devices...
   Started plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2"
   HomeKit Bridge                  Attempting to start 'HomeBridge1'
   HomeKit Bridge                  Attempting to start 'HomeBridge2'
   HomeKit Bridge                  HomeKit Bridge is running the latest version, no update needed
   HomeKit Bridge                  HomeKit Bridge is loaded and ready to use

4 Oct 2018 at 17:54:16
   HomeKit Bridge Error            HomeKit server 'HomeBridge1' could not be started, please check the service logs for more information,

HomeKit Bridge Error            HomeKit server 'HomeBridge2' could not be started, please check the service logs for more information,

HomeKit Bridge                  Attempting to stop 'HomeBridge1'
   HomeKit Bridge                  Attempting to stop 'HomeBridge2'
   HomeKit Bridge                  HomeKit server 'HomeBridge1' has been stopped
   HomeKit Bridge                  HomeKit server 'HomeBridge2' has been stopped

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:08 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Please post the log in the Indigo logs folder under the com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge subfolder.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:24 am
AndyVirus offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Please post the log in the Indigo logs folder under the com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge subfolder.

Log is 25MB so put it here and the logs from the bridges

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v2z6jzzbaqt9n52/AABFsWsxSomuWyoQI3uc4Sysa?dl=0

Both homebridge logs say the same.

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:30 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Interesting, the HKB log is clean, it looks like everything is working but the HB log says the bin folder can't be found. Have you tried reinstalling the plugin? I would do a clean install by stopping the Indigo server, removing the HKB plugin, deleting the HKB preferences folder and reinstalling HKB (the prefs will still be there, so will your device configs) and restarting Indigo. From the HB log it looks like the symbolic links in your plugin file maybe got corrupted when you moved the server.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:31 am
AndyVirus offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Interesting, the HKB log is clean, it looks like everything is working but the HB log says the bin folder can't be found. Have you tried reinstalling the plugin? I would do a clean install by stopping the Indigo server, removing the HKB plugin, deleting the HKB preferences folder and reinstalling HKB (the prefs will still be there, so will your device configs) and restarting Indigo. From the HB log it looks like the symbolic links in your plugin file maybe got corrupted when you moved the server.

Ill try that now.

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:44 am
AndyVirus offline

Installing and enabling plugin HomeKit Bridge v1.0.2
   Loading plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2"
   Starting plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2" (pid 2931)
   HomeKit Bridge                  Caching all HomeKit Bridge devices...
   Indigo Cocoa client authenticated (192.168.123.7)
   HomeKit Bridge                  HomeKit Bridge is running the latest version, no update needed
   HomeKit Bridge                  Server 'HomeBridge2' has successfully started, you can use your HomeKit apps or Siri for this accessory
   HomeKit Bridge                  Server 'HomeBridge1' has successfully started, you can use your HomeKit apps or Siri for this accessory
   HomeKit Bridge                  HomeKit Bridge is loaded and ready to use

That worked! Thanks!
All my devices are not yet working in Home app/not responding but ill leave it for a bit incase it needs some to to sort itself out/states change.

Thankyou!

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:45 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

It's entirely likely that you will have to re-add your servers to HomeKit. If it didn't come back up then I'm guessing it won't - but give it an hour and see, but I'm betting no.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:48 am
AndyVirus offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
It's entirely likely that you will have to re-add your servers to HomeKit. If it didn't come back up then I'm guessing it won't - but give it an hour and see, but I'm betting no.

How do i re-add my servers? Sorry to be a pain, not had to do this before as its been rock solid until i moved machines.

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:24 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Well, if they don't come back then. you tap-hold an icon in Home, then Settings and click on Bridge then scroll to the bottom and 'Remove Bridge from Home'. It will remove all devices on that server, then just re-add as normal.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:26 pm
AndyVirus offline

Ah i see in the Home app. Gotcha.

Will I lose the locations of the devices if i have to do that? I.e Will i have to put them all back in the rooms again manually? I assume so. Hoping not but if thats the price for moving machines I guess it is a small one.

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:36 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Yes, you will have to reassign rooms unfortunately. I don't know if that is the result of moving the server or not, I think probably so because if any part of the server changes, such as the user name, pin code or IP address, then it's no longer the same server in Home's eyes and must be re-added into the fold.

Having re-added hundreds of device in home at least 25-30 times during development as things got messed up I can assure you that I feel your pain. The up side is that you really get a feel for where you want things to go as a result. For example I have a room called "Admin" where I throw all stuff that I don't want to actually control but may want to be notified about such as the Internet Online sensor I have or the Dome Z-wave plug for my deep freezer that lets me know it is still drawing power.

Check Them Out Here