HomeKit server could not be started

Posted on
Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:46 pm
petematheson offline

HomeKit server could not be started

Help please. Everything was working yesterday when I set it up, rebooted my Mac today and now it's not working .

20 Aug 2018 at 21:41:00
HomeKit Bridge Error HomeKit server 'Homekit' could not be started, please check the service logs for more information,
now issuing a forced shutdown of the service to be safe.

If you continue to have problems starting this server use the Advanced Plugin Actions menu option to rebuild the Homebridge folder.
Instructions at https://github.com/Colorado4Wheeler/Hom ... dge-folder
HomeKit Bridge Attempting to stop 'Homekit'
HomeKit Bridge HomeKit server 'Homekit' has been stopped

So I ran a rebuild:

20 Aug 2018 at 21:41:46
HomeKit Bridge Removing /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1277537648 so it can be regenerated.
HomeKit Bridge Error Unable to create the configuration folder under '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1277537648', 'Homekit' will be unable to run until this issue is resolved. Please verify permissions and create the folder by hand if needed.
HomeKit Bridge Recreated the configuration folder at /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1277537648.
HomeKit Bridge Warning Homebridge folder for Homekit at /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1277537648 has been rebuilt
Reloading plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2"
Stopping plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2" (pid 1865)
Stopped plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2"
Starting plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2" (pid 1873)
HomeKit Bridge Caching all HomeKit Bridge devices...
Started plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2"
HomeKit Bridge Error Unable to create the configuration folder under '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1277537648', 'Homekit' will be unable to run until this issue is resolved. Please verify permissions and create the folder by hand if needed.
HomeKit Bridge Error While performing a sanity check on the config folder, /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1277537648 was not there.
HomeKit Bridge Recreated the configuration folder at /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1277537648.
HomeKit Bridge Error While performing a sanity check on the config folder, /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1277537648/com.webdeck.homebridge.1277537648.plist was not there.
HomeKit Bridge Error While performing a sanity check on the config folder, /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1277537648/accessories was not there.
HomeKit Bridge Removing /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1277537648 so it can be regenerated.
HomeKit Bridge Attempting to start 'Homekit'
HomeKit Bridge HomeKit Bridge is running the latest version, no update needed
HomeKit Bridge HomeKit Bridge is loaded and ready to use

20 Aug 2018 at 21:43:04
HomeKit Bridge Error HomeKit server 'Homekit' could not be started, please check the service logs for more information,
now issuing a forced shutdown of the service to be safe.

If you continue to have problems starting this server use the Advanced Plugin Actions menu option to rebuild the Homebridge folder.
Instructions at https://github.com/Colorado4Wheeler/Hom ... dge-folder
HomeKit Bridge Attempting to stop 'Homekit'
HomeKit Bridge HomeKit server 'Homekit' has been stopped

Posted on
Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:39 pm
jgb offline

Re: HomeKit server could not be started

I had a similar issue with restarting so I rebuilt the folder too and then the server nor any of the devices were "available" in the iOS Home app.

So I started from scratch with a new HKB server (deleted the exist one first, and didn't migrate from Homebridge Buddy as I had with my original server). This new server nor the one new device I created would publish to the Home app. After multiple attempts at starting and restarting the server and adding and removing one device, the server and device finally showed up in the Home app. Multiple attempts to add other devices fail in that they do not show up in the Home app. The new server says its running

Have used the plugin for sometime with no issues. So have no idea what the issue is.

Posted on
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:14 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

It looks like you might have a permissions issue with the folder where HKB stores it's configuration data.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:04 pm
petematheson offline

Read & Write permissions all look OK.
There's just a config.json file in that folder and nothing else.

Posted on
Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:29 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Try creating a second server and adding one item to it and see if it starts fine.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:36 pm
petematheson offline

Creating works fine but when I try to start, it errors with the same error:

HomeKit Bridge Error While performing a sanity check on the config folder, /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1353161655 was not there.
HomeKit Bridge Error Unable to create the configuration folder under '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1353161655', 'Homebridge Server' will be unable to run until this issue is resolved. Please verify permissions and create the folder by hand if needed.
HomeKit Bridge Recreated the configuration folder at /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1353161655.
HomeKit Bridge Attempting to start 'Homebridge Server'

Posted on
Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:52 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

That keeps sounding like permission problems, like the user that Indigo uses cannot create the folder needed at '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Preferences/Plugins'.

Have you tried as the message suggests and created that folder by hand? Then make sure everyone has total permission to it.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:05 pm
petematheson offline

I'm not sure what folder it needs, since the numbered folder already exists, and is successfully recreated if I delete it and restart the plugin ?

Posted on
Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:26 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

In terminal:

Code: Select all
cd /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7/Preferences/
ls -lad Plugins

then:

cd Plugins
ls -lad com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:06 pm
petematheson offline

cd /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7/Preferences/
ls -lad Plugins
drwxrwxr-x  60 HomeServer  admin  2040 29 Aug 16:00 Plugins
cd Plugins
ls -lad com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge
drwxr-xr-x  4 HomeServer  admin  136 28 Aug 22:35 com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge

Posted on
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:44 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

And the account that Indigo is running under is "HomeServer"?

Also (assuming you just finished the commands in the post above):

cd com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge
ls -lad *

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:50 pm
petematheson offline

Correct

HomeServer:com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge HomeServer$ ls -lad *
drwxr-xr-x 3 HomeServer admin 102 28 Aug 22:34 1353161655

Posted on
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:09 am
petematheson offline

Given that if I delete the folder, and restart the plugin, it recreates the plugin folder, as well as the sub folder and the config.json file - I would assume it has all the permissions required.
Should there be anything else in the folder structure?

Posted on
Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:39 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm out of ideas - it really doesn't look like a permissions issue from what I can tell. Indigo only writes the prefs file for each plugin - any other files are completely up to the plugin itself.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:58 pm
petematheson offline

Any help otherwise? :( A little stuck with this one now :cry:

Page 1 of 1