HomeKit Bridge Feature Requests

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:35 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

HomeKit Bridge Feature Requests

Since 2.0 is being developed and 1.0.x still available to tweak for smaller things, if you would like to see some things in HomeKit Bridge then you can use this thread to make suggestions.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:06 pm
blysik offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Feature Requests

I would love some sort of native support for homebridge-camera-ffmpeg style cameras. (I don't run SecuritySpy or BlueIris.)

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:13 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

2.0 will include custom camera feeds as long as the camera supports RTSP, which most cameras do.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:46 pm
blysik offline

Woo!

Posted on
Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:09 am
AndyVirus offline

blysik wrote:
Woo!

+Woo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:15 am
DaveL17 offline

Loving HKB. I assume that this is outside the realm of your control, but I'm struck how different types of sensors display their values differently. For example, these temperature and humidity values come from the same multisensor yet one is displayed at the bottom of the tile, the other is displayed at the top. If it *is* within your control, I'd request that they be mapped the same way.

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 9.06.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 9.06.51 AM.png (163.37 KiB) Viewed 2186 times

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:22 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

DaveL17 wrote:
If it *is* within your control, I'd request that they be mapped the same way.

It isn't :(.

I believe it is that way because the humidity icon is the "generic sensor icon" and they have not made it specific for humidity yet. You can also try Elgato Eve as your app and see if you like that view better where it shows it in more of a list format with the values all to the right. I use a mix of both apps, I really like Eve quite a bit but like the tiles of Home as well. Eve is free.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:30 pm
DaveL17 offline

I had no idea that the Eve app worked with HomeKit. I might just check it out. The tile setup of Apple's app is nice, but I find the overall UI to be a bit clunky.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:33 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

DaveL17 wrote:
The tile setup of Apple's app is nice, but I find the overall UI to be a bit clunky.

I agree mostly except I like that it's condensed for rooms with fewer devices so I see everything in a single view without scrolling. I use split views on my iPad and have the Eve app paired with my News app and the Home app paired with my Safari app so that I get the best of both worlds as I'm hanging out, I really like Eve's "device by type" views and use those a lot (like a list of all the various temperate sensors).

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:19 am
durosity offline

I really wish the Home app had a devices by type view option.. that would be very handy. Roll on iOS 13

I’m curious as to if HKB will have the battery level indicator built into devices that I think you’ve hinted at before? I don’t have many battery based devices but it would be handy to be able to see their % at a glance rather than having to whip open Indigo Touch.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:36 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
I’m curious as to if HKB will have the battery level indicator built into devices that I think you’ve hinted at before?

It's had that since the middle of beta testing.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:06 am
durosity offline

Oh! Then why does the state not show up on my few battery devices?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:15 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Battery should only show if you drop below the threshold, not any other time. There is a battery device but it's unsupported in HomeKit except via Siri but battery level reporting is supported on a number of devices.

Have you set your threshold in the plugin config? You can try putting that threshold around 90% and will likely see some of your devices reporting a battery problem.
Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 8.11.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 8.11.32 AM.png (10.58 KiB) Viewed 2053 times

Also, if the device is a Z-wave multi device where the device breaks down into, say, motion, temperature, light and tamper/shock then the battery will only be on ONE of them, generally the primary (seems to be motion in most cases for me). HKB 2.0 addresses this specifically so the multi devices can all look to the "master" for battery reports.

Check Them Out Here

Page 1 of 1