Support For Fibro RGBWW controller

Posted on
Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:30 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Support For Fibro RGBWW controller

Just published 1.0.2 Beta 3 as an early release that includes support for color devices in Indigo (it only supported Hue and to a lesser degree LIFX before). Essentially if you can change the color in Indigo you should be able to change the color via HomeKit.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:15 am
Londonmark offline

I've updated the plugin but not seeing any change to my RGBW devices. I can indeed change the colour in Indigo, but nothing showing up differently in the Home app. Is there something else I need to do?

Posted on
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:17 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Are your bulbs RGB? If so then when you press and hold the device in Home you should see an option in the lower left to change the color.

If they don't support RGB then that isn't currently supported but hopefully will be soon. If you do a simulation you should see "supportsRGB: True".

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:21 am
Londonmark offline

It's the Fibaro RGBW controller. Looks exactly like the one posted earlier in this thread - there's a composite device and then separate devices for R, G B. When I select the composite device in Indigo, I see the colour picker below the Turn Off button. But if I press and hold in Home I just get the Details button.

Posted on
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:25 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Unfortunately I don't have that device, but there's no reason it shouldn't show up because the same code that allows my Hue to show that button is what enables any device with 'supportsRGB' to show that button if it is a lightbulb (is your device a lightbulb?). It doesn't discriminate at all, if it's there then the hue, saturation and temperature are enabled in HomeKit which in turn triggers this button to show.

Try killing your Home app and starting it back up, perhaps it has a stale value.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:26 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Heck, even my RGB device I created in the next update of Device Extensions shows it and it's not even an official RGB device, just a virtual one.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:00 pm
Londonmark offline

Killing Home app hasn’t helped. Will try removing the device from HK and adding it back.

Posted on
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:25 pm
Londonmark offline

Nope. That didn’t work either. Nor did deleting my home sadly.

Posted on
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:05 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Please open a ticket on GitHub and follow all the directions so we can see what's going on.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:55 am
Londonmark offline

Will do - although have some travel coming up so this could move slowly. Thanks for help.

Posted on
Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:04 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

For anyone who stumbles across this thread: the issue is that Mark was running multiple Homebride servers, some apparently old legacy versions from a while back, and was not looking at the HKB device. When he looked at the HKB device it had the color option as anticipated.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:57 am
mrmatt68 offline

Thank you for this. I have been out of town but will try this today.

Posted on
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:42 pm
mrmatt68 offline

I upgraded the plugin and the color wheel is now showing in the home app but does not work.....nothing happens to the lights when selecting a color. Do i need to do something else to make this work? Thanks again for getting this done.

Posted on
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:48 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

There shouldn’t be any issue as long as those devices respond to setColor commands in RGB. Check the Homebridge logs to see if it is sending Hue and Saturation.

I’ll write up a quick Python script for you to test with tomorrow.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:34 pm
rehafer offline

I decided to dabble with color light strips. Right now I have the Fibaro RGBW controller and a MagicHome WiFi controller connected to Indigo with the FluxLED plugin. When I added them to HKB this last weekend, they show up fine; on/off brightness work as expected, I can access the color wheel in the Home app but it only rarely changes color. It works maybe one time in 20, the rest of the time is no response.
Am I missing an intermediate step? I would expect to either work or not so I’m confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk