HomePod says " Uh-oh, something's wrong..."

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:07 pm
Different Computers offline

HomePod says " Uh-oh, something's wrong..."

"... Please try again."

But that's only after the action I asked for happens. To be clear, I say "Hey Siri, please turn off the bookcase." and Siri immediately turns it off and immediately responds with that. This only happens with HKB stuff. My Nanoleafs are HomeKit enabled and Siri doesn't get them wrong.

Any idea what I should reboot? This happened with no particular changes, aside from my recent removal of a non-functionining Homebridge-Camera bridge from HomeKit.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:00 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HomePod says " Uh-oh, something's wrong..."

Have you tried restarting HKB to see if that helps? Is the load on the Indigo sever heavy?

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:44 pm

I can't imagine the load is heavy, as it typically sits at 70-80% idle.

Haven't restarted anything yet, 'cause I thought I'd ask where to start. I wondered if I should power cycle the HomePods.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:48 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Different Computers wrote:
I wondered if I should power cycle the HomePods.

I do that daily, same with my Echo's, because I've found that one little Internet burp at the wrong time and they start to get slow and act stupid.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:49 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

And in case you are thinking "that's a lot of effort to do every day", I put all of them on the Dome Z-wave outlet devices and Indigo just turns them off and back on after 20 seconds at scheduled times ;).

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:52 pm

One of mine happens to be on a z-wave outlet!

Of course, it's part of a stereo pair, so not ideal.

However, the problem seems to have spontaneously cleared up. WTH?

Posted on
Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:05 am
Tim-n-Leon offline

I had this exact same thing happen to me / my HomePod on the 20th as well.
I had to open the Home app on my phone and long-press the HomePod at which point it said there was an update, but all it really wanted was for me to type my AppleId password.
I don’t even have HomeKit Bridge installed.
It was just some kind of Apple blip in general.

Page 1 of 1