HKB Open Beta: Multi-Function Devices

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:25 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

HKB Open Beta: Multi-Function Devices

As I've mentioned a few times, complications are getting introduced soon and I wanted to release the first update with complications with something people can test. One easy one is thermostats since there's the thermostat component and a fan component, the complication basically lets you automatically create both devices completely configured by selecting the appropriate definition (i.e., you select your thermostat, choose the complication for it and both the thermostat and fan control appear in HomeKit).

I've also done a more complex device, the Fibaro FGMS-001 multi-sensor, when you select the motion sensor it will auto create the temperature and light sensors as well and then tie them all together for battery life, tamper and fault (pretty nifty bit of cross-device communication really).

Now I have a hundred ideas in my head about what's going to be added via complications - such as sprinkler controls - but I'm looking for something that multiple people have so they can test complications when the release drops. The thermostat is fairly universal, I'm pretty sure most of us have that one, but what else do you suggest? There are a few folks with DSC but I want a complicated device that either requires two HomeKit devices to achieve or the HomeKit data is populated from multiple devices to achieve the full potential of HomeKit and I'm not sure DSC is the answer.

I don't want to go nuts on this, I just want to add two or three extra devices that you can play with - knowing full well that this is an alpha wrapped in the beta and that complications may have any number of issues out of the gate. I've been using a few of them for several days and they are working but we all know that your mileage may vary.

A fan control is likely another candidate that I may add since there's the fan component and the light component.

I only want to initially release a few devices because I don't know if I'll have to do major modifications and I don't want one little change to result in hours of work across a dozen devices.

Thoughts?

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:13 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: HKB Open Beta: Multi-Function Devices

The MyQ plugin can uses two devices per door. The MyQ opener, which is used to control the door, and a tilt sensor, which determines if the door is actually open or closed. But that might be too esoteric for this.

Other than that, the only multi devices I have are Zwave multi-sensors and Oregon temp/humidity sensors that use my RFPlayer plugin.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:32 am
Different Computers offline

The MonoPrice MultiSensor is pretty popular I think--I've recommended it here several times and I'm pretty sure several other people have them as well.

Bonus: I've already given you the output of the device on Git because it was reporting crazy temps. That's all sorted now of course, but the data dumps are still there.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:44 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Different Computers wrote:
The MonoPrice MultiSensor

That's one I've considered too, it just depends on how many folks use it. If there are only two people it's not as wide of a test audience as I would like.

FlyingDiver wrote:
The MyQ plugin can uses two devices per door

Ditto to what I just answered. I know this is a popular garage door system so if there are enough folks using it then it's a great device to use.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:13 pm
durosity offline

The Aeotec Mulisensor 6 is a popular one! Remember how many users were begging for support of it before i7 launched? Poor Jay.. I think he still gets nightsweats from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:17 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
The Aeotec Mulisensor 6 is a popular one!

Whelp, I have lots of data dumps on that one, probably enough to get the job done for at least a test. I hoped to release an update and bury the complications until next update, but it turns out that complications broke too many things to release now. Sigh. End of week. Maybe.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:18 pm
durosity offline

Oops. Well these things happen. Just remember.. real artist ship!

Also.. are you a virgin?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:19 pm
durosity offline

(And if you don’t get that reference.. well.. gtfo! :D )

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:29 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I get the quote, it was from Steve Jobs and I agree with it, but the virgin thing not so much. Guess I'm G'ing TFO.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:52 pm
durosity offline

It’s from Pirates of Silicon Valley, about Steve Jobs and Bill Gates between the mid 70s and mid 80s. In one scene Jobs walks into an interview and asks if the candidate was a virgin.. probably not something that ever actually happened but did certainly play up to the legend of What Jobs did. At the MacWorld in 1999 Noah Wylie came on at the beginning of the keynote as Steve Jobs, and as he’s leaving the stage Noah asked the real Steve if he was a virgin.. probably my favourite moment from a keynote ever!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:01 pm
Colly offline

Have you tried the Fibaro Universal Sensor, FGBS321? I have 4 temp sensors connected and it has 2 binary inputs - does this fit the bill?

Posted on
Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:07 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I haven't as of yet. I'll look into that but it does sound like it would be a good candidate if others are also using it. I'm only going to add them if multiple people have them because otherwise I'm just custom writing plugin support for individuals and I don't want to go down that road ;). Regardless, everything will be supported eventually, it just takes time. Still beta.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:13 pm
Colly offline

I believe there are a good few using it - I got the idea on the forums. Lets wait and see :D

Posted on
Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:15 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Colly wrote:
I believe there are a good few using it

Ahh, but are those good few also beta testing HKB? ;).

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:56 pm
durosity offline

I have several of these.

What’s that? You don’t want to support it anymore? Stop crying man..

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1