How to set up blinds in HomeKit?

Posted on
Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:55 pm
joesan offline

How to set up blinds in HomeKit?

I have some motorised Somfy blinds. At the moment I have Indigo send the IR control to Raise, Close and Stop the blinds. This works well.

How should I set the Blinds up so that I can use Homekit to "Open", "Close" and "Stop" the blinds as well as say "Close Blinds 60%" I'd like them to show up as window coverings in HomeKit.

Posted on
Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:09 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: How to set up blinds in HomeKit?

Are you just using action groups to send the individual commands? Not defined as any kind of Indigo or plugin device?

Indigo doesn't have a shades type to directly translate to Homekit. The closest you can come is set up an Indigo dimmer type device to represent the blinds (use the Masquerade plugin), then add that device to HKB and define it as a shade.

That should work for open/close. Stop won't work. "close to 60%" will only work if you have a command you can define that will "dim" the light to 60%.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:22 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I'm working on a new device in Device Extensions that I use for my curtains that give you full HomeKit functionality that should be released in the next month or so if I can get HKB where I want it to be. In the meantime Flying Diver's suggestion is probably your best bet, or you could use HBB wrappers to get there mostly as well (that's what I used before I wrote the new Device Extension for it).

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:09 pm
joesan offline

Thanks guys. I'll try your suggestion FlyingDiver while I wait for C4W to work his magic. Appreciate the help!

Posted on
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:52 pm
joesan offline

@C4W - did you ever add the Device extension type for curtains?

Page 1 of 1