HomeKit Bridge is great!

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:33 am
WagnerOne offline

HomeKit Bridge is great!

Wanted to pop in to commend @colorado4wheeler on his HomeKit Bridge work.

It's one of those things that sits there quietly until you stroll out of your dining room saying "hey siri. turn dining off" and the lights shut off behind you.

It's a cool time we live in. :D

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:39 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge is great!

LOL, thanks. It's not just me that deserves the credit, Webdeck built the link between the plugin and Homebridge and a lot of beta users keep helping dial it in.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:15 am
Different Computers offline

Got to agree. I haven't had much to say here or on GitHub because HKB is Just Working for me now. I have more HomeKit problems with my **native** Nanoleaf devices than with my HKB ones.

(My Nanoleafs work perfectly with their Indigo plugin, by the way. Just not with Nanoleaf's OWN app or Home.)

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:23 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Different Computers wrote:
I have more HomeKit problems with my **native** Nanoleaf devices than with my HKB ones.

Now that is a hell of a statement!

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:59 am
Different Computers offline

Yup, when I changed homes in the HBB to HKB switch, the Auroras became unreachable inside of HomeKit or the Nanoleaf app. I didn't even notice for weeks because 99.9% of the control I do of them is handled by Indigo, not through HomeKit.

But in order to get the two Auroras to respond in the new home setup, I could not just add them. I had to delete them from the old one, then soft reset them, then remove them from the Nanoleaf app, then add them back into the app. And I also had to be instructed to do this (at least the soft reset part) by Nanoleaf support. Great support by the way--they're good guys but be sure to ask for Chris.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1