HomeKit Bridge Official Released (Testing Closed)

Posted on
Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:08 am
Johnfowles offline

Stuck somewhere between installation and HBB migration

Hi,
I have installed the latest 1.0.0-rc1 Version and while trying to follow instructions on migrating my present HBB setup, I encounter the following error message

29 avr. 2018 à 17:48:44
HomeKit Bridge Error Exception in plugin.onAfter_btnAdvDeviceAction line 779: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
CODE: server = indigo.devices[int(valuesDict["device"])]

This error is thrown whichever function of the Advanced Plugin Action I call.

The other related problem (I imagine) is that the Device Menu in this window just says « select an item » but is greyed out.

Let me know what you need to debug this further.

[MODERATOR NOTE]: Moved this to the correct testing thread.

Posted on
Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:36 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Release Candidate Testing Open

Can you please provide the exact steps you are following and provide a screenshot so I can get an idea of why this may be happening.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:13 am
Johnfowles offline

First step was trouble free install with HBB disabled

Now:
Open Advanced Plugin Actions (result in shot 1)
Show Homebridge log (screenshot 2)
Execute
Result is shot 3

Any command from the top half of the Advanced Plugin Actions gives a variation of this error.

I did however venture now in migrating and it seems to be fine, no error reported.
Attachments
shot 3.png
shot 3.png (16.17 KiB) Viewed 2622 times
shot 2.png
shot 2.png (63.69 KiB) Viewed 2622 times
shot 1.png
shot 1.png (64.16 KiB) Viewed 2622 times

Posted on
Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:38 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

You need to select a device, if you don't have a server then create one, but a server must be specified in that first field.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:13 pm
Johnfowles offline

But I had one already. Just no way to select it from that greyed out menu. It had been migrated from HBB I guess because I didi not create it myself. Anyway, I see it now and can select it. Everything solved. Thanks a lot.

Posted on
Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:20 pm
cdeggz offline

Before I install:

I currently have homebridge and homebridge-indigo installed and everything works wonderfully. The only functionality that seems to be missing is for indigo to control HomeKit accessories. Does HomeKit bridge somehow enable this?

For example, with homebridge:
Homekit/iOS can tell indigo to turn on a light
Homekit/iOS can request status from indigo an receive a response
But, there is no way for Indigo to, for example, unlock an HomeKit door lock.

-Craig

Posted on
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:24 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

cdeggz wrote:
Does HomeKit bridge somehow enable this

Nothing really will, accessories can't talk to each other's bridges like that. That being said, you can easily do this using the automation in HomeKit and having something happen to one device as the result of something happening to another. Sure, you have to have your "HomeKit only device" and an Indigo device both mirroring each other but it gets you what you want.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:30 pm
cdeggz offline

Have you been able to get that mirroring to work? I tried to set that up last night, but HomeKit is completely unaware that a indigo device (virtual device in this case) has changed states until you open the Home app and have it poll indigo for status. Homebriide does not inform HomeKit of a status change on its own.

Posted on
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:38 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

cdeggz wrote:
Have you been able to get that mirroring to work?

Yes

cdeggz wrote:
HomeKit is completely unaware that a indigo device (virtual device in this case) has changed states until you open the Home app and have it poll indigo for status. Homebriide does not inform HomeKit of a status change on its own.

That is not correct. HKB actively informs Homebridge of all changes that impact it unless you are using an unsupported device.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:41 pm
cdeggz offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
cdeggz wrote:
Have you been able to get that mirroring to work?

Yes

cdeggz wrote:
HomeKit is completely unaware that a indigo device (virtual device in this case) has changed states until you open the Home app and have it poll indigo for status. Homebriide does not inform HomeKit of a status change on its own.

That is not correct. HKB actively informs Homebridge of all changes that impact it unless you are using an unsupported device.

I'll assume that when HKB actively informs Homebridge, that home bridge then informs Homekit such that Homekit Automations then activate.

Cool, that sounds like a major capability improvement over using Homebridge alone (which does not seem capable to do this).

Posted on
Tue May 01, 2018 5:40 am
siclark offline

All has been going well with my setup, occasionally adding new devices and all working.
However I made some changes to my camera set up in security spy last night to turn off recompression in SS and now I get a very low resolution image in the Home app, but full resolution in SS iOS app.
Is the feed getting compressed and losing resolution by Homekit? Or is it picking up a lower res feed from the camera?
And more importantly can that be changed?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue May 01, 2018 6:18 am
vtmikel offline

C4W,

Over the weekend I tested again. Here's what I did:

1. Added a motion sensor and turned invert state On. (This was actually a mistake. I had added a number of contact sensors and was getting in the habit of inverting the state).

2. Save and see it added to Home App. Edited some properties to make it not show up in the status, removed from favorites, added to a room.

3. Edit the device, turn off Invert State. Save back to HomeKit.

4. Wait and see if the state is correct in the Home app

5. Go back verify that the Invert State is checked when editing the device. It was.

The only reason you see that as working is because HomeKit has to refresh the device as the result of one being removed and a new one being added. Be a bit more patient.

I'm pretty sure my patience wasn't / isn't to blame. I waited 24 hours, restarted my iPhone X and my iPad. Restarted HomeBridge. No dice.

No big deal if this is just sync issue or homekit behaviour that you have no control of. After 24 hours I simply removed, saved, re-added with the correct options. Worked perfectly and is rock stable. I just wanted to report that I was not being impatient! :)

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 5:48 am
noel1983 offline

Not sure if this is similar but just yesterday my front door lock notifications and status from home app started being inverted.

It has worked perfectly for two weeks. When door is unlocked it shows as unlocked in home app and sends me the notification saying door unlocked and vice verse

Just yesterday with no changes having been made to Indigo it started telling me and showing me door locked when actually it was unlocked.

Restarting HomeKit bridge solved this but then a while later it inverted again.

Invert status is NOT set.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Noel

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 6:07 am
siclark offline

noel1983 wrote:

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Noel

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 7:18 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

noel1983 wrote:
It has worked perfectly for two weeks. When door is unlocked it shows as unlocked in home app and sends me the notification saying door unlocked and vice verse

Since the plugin hasn't changed in that time then it may be a problem with your HomeKit home, it's hard to say what may cause that. There are a couple levels of debugging you can enable in the server configuration that might help shed some light on it.

Check Them Out Here