HomeKit Bridge Official Released (Testing Closed)

Posted on
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:49 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Public Beta Now Open

jalves wrote:
But (you knew that was coming, didn't you)

I've come to expect that on every post that starts off saying something nice, there is almost always a "but" :roll:.

So the fact that it works fine on one iOS device but not another has nothing to do with the plugin or HomeKit because there is no difference between one or the other. It sounds like your HomeKit data is messed up on one device. I would shut off the HomeKit sync on the problematic X and re-enable it an hour or two later.

If you had this happening across all devices there are actions in the plugin to restart one or all of the servers, I put that in there because I had a similar issue but mine was for ALL servers and ALL devices, just 'not responding'. This prompted having the actions so I could schedule restarts every day as a safety precaution but there have also been a lot of extra debugging options added to HomeKit (even more so in the not-yet-published release) to try to see why could cause that.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:08 am
jalves offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
jalves wrote:
But (you knew that was coming, didn't you)

So the fact that it works fine on one iOS device but not another has nothing to do with the plugin or HomeKit because there is no difference between one or the other. It sounds like your HomeKit data is messed up on one device. I would shut off the HomeKit sync on the problematic X and re-enable it an hour or two later.

If you had this happening across all devices there are actions in the plugin to restart one or all of the servers, I put that in there because I had a similar issue but mine was for ALL servers and ALL devices, just 'not responding'. This prompted having the actions so I could schedule restarts every day as a safety precaution but there have also been a lot of extra debugging options added to HomeKit (even more so in the not-yet-published release) to try to see why could cause that.

Thanks, that's another avenue I hadn't thought of. Just turned that off and actually went and signed out of iCloud on the X as well. Will re-enable it in a bit and report back.

Agree that the symptoms indicate it isn't related to the plug-in. I was looking for another track to try to resolve the issue. This sounds promising.

Just as an additional data point, both devices are running the latest OS and I even deleted and re-installed the Home app on the X.
Again, I appreciate the work you've done here C4W. No "but" :)

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:50 pm
spiv offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
spiv wrote:
As it stands now, I cannot assume when my Mac is rebooted that Indigo and the bridges will all start up automatically on their own without "babysitting"

As far as I know you are the only one experiencing this problem. I've restarted my mac many times over the course of HKB and I'm sure others have as well and this is not required. I would like to know the errors that the plugin reports, the contents of the Homebridge log and the Homebridge config. It's very suspicious that every single Homebridge server folder has to rebuilt on a reboot.

I just rebooted the Indigo Mac machine and all the home bridge servers did not start.

I'm attaching the Indigo log and the config file for the "Family Room" HomeKit bridge server. I have a total of 8 bridge servers configured; they all failed to start. I only included the log from one of them here.

Here's the strange thing:

I issued the "reload plugin" command for the HomeBridge Kit plugin and got the same errors. All the servers reporting they cannot start and to rebuild the folder.

I used the "reload plugin" command one more time and this time everything started up.

Note that I didn't do anything else - I never issued the rebuild folders command or change and configurations.
Attachments
homebridge configuration.txt
(1.02 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
indigo log.txt
(8.3 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

Posted on
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:21 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Unfortunately those logs don't say much, I would really need to see the Homebridge log when that happens since it's Homebridge not starting that would prompt that error. If nothing was needed for it to finally start then that implies that there may be some other service or plugin that had not started yet that may have been the root cause, hard to say.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:35 pm
spiv offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
If nothing was needed for it to finally start then that implies that there may be some other service or plugin that had not started yet that may have been the root cause, hard to say.

I think that might be it!

My Mac mini has a lot of "server" type tasks loaded, even though it is running with only a modest load as most are idle much of the time: SecuritySpy, Plex Media Server, & some shared disks.

I am also having a problem with Indigo no longer starting up automatically.

Is there a clean way to have Indigo delay launching plugins or to add a delay to allow time for other processes to perhaps fully load and reach their idle state?

Posted on
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:39 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Release Candidate Testing Open

After a couple of weeks with no new issues and no problems on my fairly comprehensive testing I've now released Version 1.0.0 Release Candidate 1.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:09 am
joesan offline

Woohoo. Congratulations on reaching another milestone, C4W. We appreciate all your hard work!

Posted on
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:52 am
durosity offline

Yeah you’ve done some stupendous work, C4W. Pat yourself on the back. Then get back to work and update the tado plugin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:03 am
durosity offline

I’m not sure if I’ve imagined this or if it was something you were looking into implementing.. the buttons that can be at the bottom of video feeds.. was that something that was planned/possible and if so is it customisable for anything or just specific items?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:14 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Yes, that's something that is on the roadmap as well as a few others things. I decided that right now the plugin is stable and ready for public consumption, but I'm already planning the next release of it that will have a few more bells and whistles. The video feed is something I'm looking into - along with media controls and a few other things.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:36 am
whmoorejr offline

Intro: 1st Time using homekit / homekit app / Siri for automation.
Indigo 7.1.1 , HKB v 1.0.0

I'm keeping it simple while I test this out to see how I will use it. (1 server with 11 devices). Basically I'm seeing what appears to be a communication gap.

I don't know if these are "me" issues, general homekit issues or plugin issues... but these are the behaviors I'm seeing thus far.

Control of devices is quick and flawless.... I'm having issues with the status of the device updating in the HomeKit App.

On/Off states are inconsistent between the Home App and the actual state of the device (fans, lights, etc.)

Sometimes when you turn a device on/off via Siri or Indigo, the device state changes, but the state of the device in the HomeKit App does not change.

DSC Arming: Continues to show "Arming" after the alarm is Armed (after the delay) then eventually shows (once the little wheel stops spinning) "Disarmed" when the system is actually armed.

Garage doors (I/O Links): Continue to show "Opening" after opened. Then goes to "Closed" when actually "Open"

Door lock (Z-Wave): Continues to show "Unlocking" after unlocked then defaults back to display "Locked" when actually unlocked.

With the status issue I'm having... when I try to re-send a command via Siri, "turn off office light" it won't send the command because Homekit thinks it's already "off" (or visa-versa if the status is suck as "On").

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:41 pm
rehafer offline

whmoorejr wrote:

On/Off states are inconsistent between the Home App and the actual state of the device (fans, lights, etc.)

Sometimes when you turn a device on/off via Siri or Indigo, the device state changes, but the state of the device in the HomeKit App does not change.

I find that the Home app refreshes device states when the app is opened/focused. Try closing and reopening the app and see if that’s better.

Posted on
Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:10 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

whmoorejr wrote:
I don't know if these are "me" issues, general homekit issues or plugin issues

While one or two of the issues you reported have been reported by others, I can say that I personally have 300 devices in HomeKit working fine, many others have quite a few as well.

whmoorejr wrote:
DSC Arming: Continues to show "Arming" after the alarm is Armed

DSC is not fully and natively supported as of now. Only partial support and this is one of the issues that is outstanding. Part of the problem is in how DSC reports this information.

I, for instance, use the IO Line for my garage door and it's 100% flawless. The delay in reporting sounds like a HomeKit database problem to me because this solution is pretty instant.

I would recommend opening tickets on Git so we can see the device simulation details and other information that may help to figure out what your issues may be. With this much that you are reporting wrong, it would be positively shocking that nobody else has experienced these problems after this much time in beta and the sheer number of users using the plugin and HomeKit together.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:41 pm
whmoorejr offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
it would be positively shocking that nobody else has experienced these problems after this much time in beta

Agreed. I read through all the forums and FAQ and didn't see anyone else having the same issue... so I think there is something else causing the communication glitch on my end.

rehafer wrote:
Try closing and reopening the app and see if that’s better.

No change. It's like one-way communication for me. If I tell Homekit (app or siri) to turn on/off a device, it works, the app instantly updates, all is right in the world. If I change a device via indigo, alexa, or physically at a wall switch... that changed status doesn't make it to Homekit.

Posted on GitHub to track from there. I'm hoping it's just a weird port conflict or something like that.

Bill

Posted on
Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:16 pm
whmoorejr offline

whmoorejr wrote:
I don't know if these are "me" issues, general homekit issues or plugin issues.

Totally "Me" issues. Server Mac was hung up on some random update and I noticed other tasks were acting funny too. (computer tried to restart, growl stopped it, Airfoil was trying to update itself and iTunes wan't sure what to do).... anyway... After a full system restart, I'm happy to report that all devices are working as I had hoped.

(In my head I keep hearing that guy Steve with the thick Indian accent asking me if I re-booted my modem)

Bill

Page 19 of 25 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 25