HomeKit Bridge Official Released (Testing Closed)

Posted on
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:26 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Release Candidate Testing Open

Great find, thanks for letting everyone know!

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:11 pm
durosity offline

HomeKit Bridge Release Candidate Testing Open

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Great find, thanks for letting everyone know!

I’m so glad I did find it. It was driving me nuts. I mean actually driving me to the brink of just giving up. I actually almost broke down crying from it. What really threw me was the fact it didn’t show up as a connected hub. I ended up having to put the wall mounted iPads on a different iCloud account as every time I re-added them the issue would recur. Even after a full wipe and setup without restoring a backup and turning off the option to use them as a hub.

Out of interest C4W are you aware of any changes you’ll need to make for iOS 12 with relation to the valves and remote control functionality? Or indeed if anything has been published about how the remote thing will work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:28 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

There hasn't been enough detail for me to say, so I don't know what, if anything, will change with HKB and iOS 12.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:59 am
midd offline

Sorry if this has already been addressed but I could find it if it has. But has their been any updates to this? My garage door (I/OLinc) does not update it's status as well. For the most part it shows opened when it's actually closed after using Indigo touch or the Homekit App to close it.

I've deleted my Homebridge database once before but still get this issue.

[quote="whmoorejr"
Control of devices is quick and flawless.... I'm having issues with the status of the device updating in the HomeKit App.

On/Off states are inconsistent between the Home App and the actual state of the device (fans, lights, etc.)

Sometimes when you turn a device on/off via Siri or Indigo, the device state changes, but the state of the device in the HomeKit App does not change.

Garage doors (I/O Links): Continue to show "Opening" after opened. Then goes to "Closed" when actually "Open"

With the status issue I'm having... when I try to re-send a command via Siri, "turn off office light" it won't send the command because Homekit thinks it's already "off" (or visa-versa if the status is suck as "On").[/quote]

Indigo 7, Monterey (12.1) on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:01 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I use an IO/Linc for my garage door and it works flawlessly. Considering I wrote it to work with THAT garage door before any other pretty much guarantees that HKB works just fine with IO/Linc garage door systems.

Open a ticket on Github and please follow the directions on the ticket to simulate your device and the logs.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:11 pm
midd offline

ok found my problem. I replaced my Keypad linc a few months ago and I never synced the KPl to the garage door, only the door to the KPL. I think I'm good to go.

Indigo 7, Monterey (12.1) on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:14 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Outstanding, glad you figured it out.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:28 am
kelmk offline

I've started using HomeKit bridge to control some TV functions. I've got some simple stuff like play/pause and switching inputs working fine. The only thing I wish I could do is control the volume. I think iOS12 added remote support so hopefully this can work in the future.
Thanks!

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:20 am
siclark offline

I'm interested on how you've got this setup as this is my next task.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:23 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I've done it through using virtual devices and action groups. I rarely touch a remote anymore. I've got it pretty dialed in for my Apple TV using a Broadlink IR device where I can "Hey Siri, turn on 2 minutes forward" to fast forward 2 minutes (this could also be done with a HomeKit Automation, eliminating the 'turn on' command), which I have for a variety of time frames (30 seconds, 1 minute, 90 seconds, etc) and for backwards as well. It's actually easier for me to do it this way with my Plex system than to keep tapping the remote or holding down the Siri Remote trackpad.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:52 am
virgahyatt offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
I've done it through using virtual devices and action groups. I rarely touch a remote anymore. I've got it pretty dialed in for my Apple TV using a Broadlink IR device where I can "Hey Siri, turn on 2 minutes forward" to fast forward 2 minutes (this could also be done with a HomeKit Automation, eliminating the 'turn on' command), which I have for a variety of time frames (30 seconds, 1 minute, 90 seconds, etc) and for backwards as well. It's actually easier for me to do it this way with my Plex system than to keep tapping the remote or holding down the Siri Remote trackpad.

With tvOS 11.4 you can fast forward, rewind, pause and play on your apple tv with siri directly. You just have to tell it which. For example, just now in my Office I used "Hey Siri, Fast Forward the Office." It skipped forward 15 seconds. You can specify a time stamp or amount of time to skip forward or back if you want as well.

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:15 am
emergent offline

So I have this installed and it's working great. I have two Homekit Bridge servers, one for my home and one for my business. Now I have an issue that probably isn't related to the plugin, but I wanted to confirm and see if there was a solution.

I use Security Spy at my home to remotely view and record the security cameras from my business (and my security cameras at home). At my business I have an AppleTV that controls my Homekit accessories there. I use the Security Spy plugin which works great. I have the cameras added to Homekit Bridge and it works well. When I'm home it works for the cameras at my home and business, but when I'm away from home it doesn't work for the cameras at my store. I assume this is because my AppleTV is acting as the Homekit controller and can't see them. Is this the case? Is there any solution? I'm thinking of adding a cheap hardware VPN between my AppleTV and router since the AppleTV doesn't have a way to use a VPN.

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:23 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

virgahyatt wrote:
With tvOS 11.4 you can fast forward, rewind, pause and play on your apple tv with siri directly. You just have to tell it which. For example, just now in my Office I used "Hey Siri, Fast Forward the Office." It skipped forward 15 seconds. You can specify a time stamp or amount of time to skip forward or back if you want as well.

Oh wow, I didn't realize that was part of the 11.4 patch, thanks for that, I'll have to play with it!

emergent wrote:
I assume this is because my AppleTV is acting as the Homekit controller and can't see them. Is this the case? Is there any solution?

Possibly, but from a HomeKit standpoint using HKB and SS it should work so long as you can access ANY SS camera remotely.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:03 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

virgahyatt wrote:
With tvOS 11.4 you can fast forward, rewind, pause and play on your apple tv with siri directly

I can't seem to get this working. After doing some more research it appears that this is only functional if you are Airplaying to your Apple TV rather than using native Apple TV apps.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:29 am
virgahyatt offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
virgahyatt wrote:
With tvOS 11.4 you can fast forward, rewind, pause and play on your apple tv with siri directly

I can't seem to get this working. After doing some more research it appears that this is only functional if you are Airplaying to your Apple TV rather than using native Apple TV apps.

Hmmm.... I wasn't using Airplay. When doing it you have to address the Apple TV by the home kit name or room though. I use it all the time with all 3 of my Apple TVs. What is the response Siri gives when you try it?