HomeKit Bridge Official Released (Testing Closed)

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:08 am
webdeck offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Q&A

srkinard wrote:
Code: Select all
[2018-4-6 02:05:49] [HomeKit Bridge Server] HomeKit Bridge request: http://127.0.0.1:8558/HomeKit?cmd=deviceList&serverId=707909164
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS HomeKit Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/node-v8.10.0-darwin-x64/lib/node_modules/homebridge-indigo2/index.js:191
    var id = item.id;
                  ^

TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of null
    at Indigo2Platform.createAccessory (/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS HomeKit Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/node-v8.10.0-darwin-x64/lib/node_modules/homebridge-indigo2/index.js:191:19)
    at Indigo2Platform.addAccessory (/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS HomeKit Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/node-v8.10.0-darwin-x64/lib/node_modules/homebridge-indigo2/index.js:183:26)
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at Indigo2Platform.<anonymous> (/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS HomeKit Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/node-v8.10.0-darwin-x64/lib/node_modules/homebridge-indigo2/index.js:170:22)
    at Indigo2Platform.<anonymous> (/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS HomeKit Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/node-v8.10.0-darwin-x64/lib/node_modules/homebridge-indigo2/index.js:293:17)
    at /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS HomeKit Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/node-v8.10.0-darwin-x64/lib/node_modules/homebridge-indigo2/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:906:35
    at _arrayEach (/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS HomeKit Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/node-v8.10.0-darwin-x64/lib/node_modules/homebridge-indigo2/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:85:13)
    at Request.<anonymous> (/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS HomeKit Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/node-v8.10.0-darwin-x64/lib/node_modules/homebridge-indigo2/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:898:17)
    at Request._callback (/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS HomeKit Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/node-v8.10.0-darwin-x64/lib/node_modules/homebridge-indigo2/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:44:16)
    at Request.self.callback (/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS HomeKit Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/node-v8.10.0-darwin-x64/lib/node_modules/homebridge-indigo2/node_modules/request/request.js:186:22)

C4W - something is very wrong in the HKB JSON deviceList response because it included a null accessory. I'll add a null check in the next homebridge-indigo2 version, but that shouldn't happen to begin with.

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:18 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Public Beta Now Open

srkinard wrote:
Not sure where to post this or if I missed something in all the pages...I just installed HKB Beta 22.1 and let it migrate my older Homebridge Buddy config that was working.

When it tries to start the HomeKit Bridge the log is filled with errors until it fails:

I didn't even see that because it was posted on the wrong topic, I moved it to here.

That may be a glitch with the HBB migration, but I don't think it's a matter of the plugin not passing an ID (because that really cannot happen under normal circumstances) but rather that the error about the Model not being passed prevented the JSON definition from being populated fully and that's where the blank ID came from.

Try to open the server config and under server options change the setting from Model Value to Plugin Name and Version and see if the errors go away.

Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 8.16.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 8.16.31 AM.png (16.31 KiB) Viewed 1750 times

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:23 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I just looked at the code, definitely an HBB migration issue as the modelValue field is not populated because I added that in a later release. If you go in and just save the server config without any changes it should work.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:06 am
srkinard offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
I didn't even see that because it was posted on the wrong topic, I moved it to here.

Sorry about that...wasn't sure where the best topic would be.

I changed the device config for the new server to the settings specified and tried to start it. About 2/3 less of the hkpldevice errors, but still failed to start. Log here is complete so you see how many times it pops up before stopping. Previously was about 3x as many error messages before failure.
   HomeKit Bridge                  Caching all HomeKit Bridge devices...
   HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in hkpldevice.legacy_populate_from_service line 100: 'key modelValue not found in dict'
                      CODE: self.type = self.factory.convert.homekit_type_and_firmware (indigo.devices[serverId].pluginProps["modelValue"], obj.objId, serverId)

HomeKit Bridge                  Attempting to start 'HomeKit Bridge'

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:56:03 AM
   Z-Wave                          received "Computer Room Strip - All Outlets" energy total to 47.283 kWh
   Z-Wave                          received "Computer Room Strip - Outlet 1 - ESXi 02" energy total to 1.172 kWh

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:56:26 AM
   HomeKit Bridge Error            HomeKit server 'HomeKit Bridge' could not be started, please check the service logs for more information,
now issuing a forced shutdown of the service to be safe.

If you continue to have problems starting this server use the Advanced Plugin Actions menu option to rebuild the Homebridge folder.
Instructions at https://github.com/Colorado4Wheeler/HomeKit-Bridge/wiki/Plugin-Menu-Utilities#rebuild-homebridge-folder
   HomeKit Bridge                  Attempting to stop 'HomeKit Bridge'
   HomeKit Bridge                  HomeKit server 'HomeKit Bridge' has been stopped
   HomeKit Bridge Error            send "HomeKit Bridge" on failed

Honestly, if it's easier to just blow all previous configs away I'm willing to do that. Couldn't find in my limited searching a procedure to just wipe everything out from the old version. It's been so long since I did the first setup I don't remember what all I did. (I tend to do work on the HA system in short spurts, then get distracted with other projects.)

Thanks
Ross

[MODERATOR NOTE] Removed the multiple redundant lines of the log, they were not needed to see the issue.

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:10 am
srkinard offline

Ok...changed the server settings back and restarted and it worked...it says running now.

I'll tinker with configs and see if I can wrap my head around the new setup and get it going.

Thanks guys!
Ross

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:27 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

srkinard wrote:
Ok...changed the server settings back and restarted and it worked...it says running now.

I should have mentioned to restart in my instructions. I was certain that would work because I could see precisely why it was failing.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:20 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Beta 22.2 is released and ready for download. This fixes the HBB migration bug and actually a lot of other changes. It probably should have been a full release number but I wanted to keep in in revisions a while longer so people can roll back to the previous methods if they needed to.

A few fixes in this may help with losing room assignments or having the server disappear from HomeKit.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:48 am
srkinard offline

So I've moved my iOS devices over to the new HomeKit Bridge server and I've been tweaking it. Upgraded to the 22.2 versions also.

One thing odd...my thermostats...attachment shows how they look in the Home app...what info do you need from me?

Thanks
Ross
Attachments
IMG_2228.png
IMG_2228.png (177.35 KiB) Viewed 1763 times

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:55 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

It appears as though you need to edit your thermostat items in the HKB server device and tell them to convert from Fahrenheit, as well as set your server option to Fahrenheit as well.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:07 am
srkinard offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
It appears as though you need to edit your thermostat items in the HKB server device and tell them to convert from Fahrenheit, as well as set your server option to Fahrenheit as well.

Server was already set to F, and the devices in the Home app show up as Degrees Fahrenheit for display units too. Am I missing a setting location?

Thanks
Ross

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:17 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

srkinard wrote:
Server was already set to F, and the devices in the Home app show up as Degrees Fahrenheit for display units too. Am I missing a setting location?

You may want to spend some time reading the documentation so I don't have to repeat all of the information by hand, specifically the portion that talks about dealing with temperature conversions.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:10 pm
spiv offline

Got this error in the log trying to "delete and hide" a device that had already been added to HomeKit Bridge:

HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in plugin.serverButtonRunAction line 3388: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '1eff981a1b16b4b972d6b36bb86c90b4f1ed15ca54c89ce2e357775e1e5dea1c'
                      CODE: includedDevices = eps.jstash.removeRecordFromStash (includedDevices, "id", int(id))

Posted on
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:12 pm
spiv offline

Just started using HomeKit Bridge and very impressed.

However, I added about 47 devices (most of them Insteon) and a few of them are not working properly.

In the Apple Home app, when I press "on" they go on, but when I press "off" nothing happens.

In Indigo, the "on" is logged, but nothing is logged when I press "off".

The same devices continue to work fine from Inside Indigo itself, Indigo Touch, etc.

Posted on
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:18 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

spiv wrote:
Just started using HomeKit Bridge and very impressed.

However, I added about 47 devices (most of them Insteon) and a few of them are not working properly.

In the Apple Home app, when I press "on" they go on, but when I press "off" nothing happens.

In Indigo, the "on" is logged, but nothing is logged when I press "off".

The same devices continue to work fine from Inside Indigo itself, Indigo Touch, etc.

Please open a ticket on Git for this and include a device simulation report, which you can find in Advanced Plugin Actions -> Select your server in the first box -> Select Simulation -> Choose the device(s) that are not working properly.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:19 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

spiv wrote:
Got this error in the log trying to "delete and hide" a device that had already been added to HomeKit Bridge:

HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in plugin.serverButtonRunAction line 3388: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '1eff981a1b16b4b972d6b36bb86c90b4f1ed15ca54c89ce2e357775e1e5dea1c'
                      CODE: includedDevices = eps.jstash.removeRecordFromStash (includedDevices, "id", int(id))

On this one it's a bug, thanks for finding it. I didn't think about the hiding features when I made the latest change and left them out in the cold.

Check Them Out Here

Page 16 of 25 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 25