HomeKit Bridge Official Released (Testing Closed)

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:56 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Release Candidate Testing Open

virgahyatt wrote:
What is the response Siri gives when you try it?

"Sorry, I couldn't find that speaker". I have 6 Apple TV 4's so I'll play around with it tonight to see what happens but on my office ATV it doesn't work.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:05 pm
noel1983 offline

emergent wrote:
I use Security Spy at my home to remotely view and record the security cameras from my business (and my security cameras at home). At my business I have an AppleTV that controls my Homekit accessories there. I use the Security Spy plugin which works great. I have the cameras added to Homekit Bridge and it works well. When I'm home it works for the cameras at my home and business, but when I'm away from home it doesn't work for the cameras at my store. I assume this is because my AppleTV is acting as the Homekit controller and can't see them. Is this the case? Is there any solution? I'm thinking of adding a cheap hardware VPN between my AppleTV and router since the AppleTV doesn't have a way to use a VPN.

This sounds like the HomeKit gateway is leaving the house with you.
The gateway is either an iPad, an Apple TV or a HomePod I think.

That’s the device that lets the HomeKit devices talk across the internet. So for me if I leave the house with my iPad then I can’t remote control any devices from outside the house.

Is that a possibility?

I plan at some stage to get an Apple TV to take the place of the iPad but tbh I don’t really need external Siri control of my home automation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:53 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
virgahyatt wrote:
What is the response Siri gives when you try it?

"Sorry, I couldn't find that speaker". I have 6 Apple TV 4's so I'll play around with it tonight to see what happens but on my office ATV it doesn't work.

Yea, they all get “Sorry I can’t do that in that app”. Sigh.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:17 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I'm now locking this thread as I have added the official release to the plugin store (pending approval) and we are now no longer in pre-release or beta. Still lots I want to do with this plugin but so far it has been working quite well and I see no reason to not make an official release.

Check Them Out Here