HomeKit Bridge Q&A

Posted on
Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:45 am
bento offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Q&A

Hello all & thank you Colorado4Wheeler for this great plugin.

I've been able to install the plugin, create the server device and include a list of indigo device.
Those are displayed on my home iPhone application, I can control them and check te status.
However the behavior is somehow unstable.

Through home application when I push the button it switches on the device, however I have the following message in Indigo console :
Code: Select all
HomeKit Bridge Debug On was not set because the rule didn't pass for device.turnOff"

Then when I press again the home application button it says that it's off. But in reality the switch is still on. And at this moment nothing is showing up in Indigo console
Then when I press again the home application says that it's on. And this time Indigo send a Wave command to switch on the device (while it was already on)
Then if I press again it will shut down the device and an adequate message will be displayed in Indigo console.

This is happening the same way every time.
Just as if sometimes the Home application didn't sent the command but was still changing the status.

I'm running the last version of the plugin on Indigo 7.1.1.
I didn't had HomeBridge plugin in the past, and I'm running latest IOS 11 version on my iPhone.

Anyone having the same bug ?

Cheers

EDIT : after a restart of my mac mini hosting the indigo server it seems to work fine now :)

Posted on
Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:38 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

It sounds like you might be using a device that hasn't been coded in. It's hard to say without looking at the information. Please open a ticket on GitHub and follow the directions on it t get log files and a device simulation and that likely will help me clear up what may be happening.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:43 am
bento offline

I have edited my original post : after mac mini restart it works great now :)

Posted on
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:27 pm
agame offline

Have competed migrating my second Indigo setup to (the downright amazing) HomeKit Bridge plugin.

having some problems removing the last vestiges of the old hombridge buddy install, I think.

I disabled Homebridge Buddy prior, however I've seen an additional bridge ('homebridge') in my list of available accessories. I assume this is the instance associated with the old homebridge buddy install? But restarting Indigo, and the associated Mac, doesn't appear to resolve the issue. Assuming this is unnecessary overhead assume I need to manually uninstall somehow?

In case it is relevant, the install wasn't completely flawless - I had difficulty syncing one of the two bridges I configured (created it afresh and now working), and the logs produced a lot of camera-related errors (that were resolved by recreating the security-spy server device).

Any suggestions welcome.

Posted on
Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:07 pm
docbjr offline

I could use some help getting this to work. I'm obviously doing something wrong, but I can not see any of the items listed under "Indigo Devices and action groups being shared with Homekit" on my iPhone running the Home app and looking at "select an accessory to add to Home". Nothing shows up.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on
Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:50 pm
siclark offline

I can't remember what the guide says to do, but you are trying to add the bridge, not individual devices. Pretty sure it involved typing in the device number

Posted on
Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:02 pm
rehafer offline

Outdoor Temperature devices.
During the latest cold snap I’ve noticed that the Temperature Sensor devices in HKB that are based on Indigo devices made from Fantastic Weather and Wunderground plug-ins never read less than 32F. They showed the correct temperature in Indigo and the Eve Weather native HomeKit device was correct as well. Has anyone noticed similar behavior or is it just me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:53 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

rehafer wrote:
During the latest cold snap I’ve noticed that the Temperature Sensor devices in HKB that are based on Indigo devices made from Fantastic Weather and Wunderground plug-ins never read less than 32F. They showed the correct temperature in Indigo and the Eve Weather native HomeKit device was correct as well. Has anyone noticed similar behavior or is it just me?

I'll have to look at this because I did modify HKB to allow temp ranges that go from absolute zero to 300 degrees, I don't think this should have happened. I have another plugin I'm working on that I will be tying into HKB to monitor my deep freezer temperature so that will tell the tale but so far my temps in HKB have been pretty spot on. Maybe there's something with the translation that it is doing with Fantastic.

Can you open a GitHub ticket on this so I can make sure I test it when I update?

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:54 pm
DaveL17 offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Maybe there's something with the translation that it is doing with Fantastic.

Confirmed. I don't think it's necessarily limited to Fantastic, though, because I also have added a 1-wire DS18B20 temperature sensor through the OWServer plugin and it likewise is showing at 32º.

Type: Temperature Sensor
Fantastic: 23.35º (real)
Home: 32º

Type: Temperature Sensor
OWServer: 26.5º (string)
Home: 32º

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:50 am
siclark offline

I'm also seeing some strange temp behaviour, which I was putting down to C to F conversion.
I posted a thread here about it but not had a chance to raise issue on GitHub.

Is there a chance here the temp allowed between 0 and 300 applies to C and not F?

Posted on
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:49 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

siclark wrote:
Is there a chance here the temp allowed between 0 and 300 applies to C and not F?

Yes, that range is for C.
DaveL17 wrote:
Confirmed.

I'll test.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:55 am
rehafer offline

My thought it was some C to F conversion thing even my devices are set to F.
I’m going in for surgery to fix my leg this morning so I’ll open a ticket in a few days.

Posted on
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:58 am
DaveL17 offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
I'll test.

You are the man, sir. No rush here.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:01 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

rehafer wrote:
My thought it was some C to F conversion thing even my devices are set to F.
I’m going in for surgery to fix my leg this morning so I’ll open a ticket in a few days.

Wow, I hope all is well and the surgery is successful!

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:56 pm
rehafer offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:

Wow, I hope all is well and the surgery is successful!

Successful Surgery and now on pain meds so I should limit my posting