HomeKit Bridge Closed Beta Discussion

Posted on
Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:45 pm
Coolcaper offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Closed Beta Discussion

Just installed v0.6.1
Added an action group and I get this in the log:

HomeKit Bridge Error Exception in plugin.serverCheckForComplications line 1962: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '-fill-'
CODE: if int(devId) not in indigo.devices: return ret

Posted on
Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:02 pm
Coolcaper offline

And I get this now trying to start:

Code: Select all
HomeKit Bridge Error            HomeKit server 'HomeKit Bridge' could not be started, please check the service logs for more information, now issuing a forced shutdown of the service to be safe.
   HomeKit Bridge                  Attempting to stop 'HomeKit Bridge'
   HomeKit Bridge                  HomeKit server 'HomeKit Bridge' has been stopped
   HomeKit Bridge Error            send "HomeKit Bridge" on failed

And in the log:

2018-02-16 10:51:21.162   INFO           Plugin   shellHBStartServer          Rebuilding configuration for 'HomeKit Bridge'
2018-02-16 10:51:21.168   DEBUG          Plugin   saveConfigurationToDisk     {
        "platforms": [
                {
                        "protocol": "http",
                        "name": "HomeKit Bridge Server",
                        "listenPort": "8445",
                        "platform": "Indigo2",
                        "host": "127.0.0.1",
                        "serverId": 1032723143,
                        "port": "8558"
                }
        ],
        "bridge": {
                "username": "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:10",
                "name": "HomeKit Bridge",
                "pin": "031-45-154",
                "port": "51827"
        },
        "accessories": [],
        "description": "HomeKit configuration generated by HomeKit Bridge on 2018-02-16 10:51:21.168000 for device HomeKit Bridge"
}
2018-02-16 10:51:21.168   THREADDEBUG    Plugin   shellHBStartServer          Running: "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS HomeKit Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/homebridge/load" "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1032723143"
2018-02-16 10:51:21.187   INFO           Plugin   shellHBStartServer          Attempting to start 'HomeKit Bridge'
2018-02-16 10:51:23.558   DEBUG          Plugin   onAfter_runConcurrentThread   Checking running state of all servers
2018-02-16 10:51:53.635   DEBUG          Plugin   onAfter_runConcurrentThread   Checking running state of all servers
2018-02-16 10:52:21.273   ERROR          Plugin   shellHBStartServer          HomeKit server 'HomeKit Bridge' could not be started, please check the service logs for more information, now issuing a forced shutdown of the service to be safe.
2018-02-16 10:52:21.273   THREADDEBUG    Plugin   shellHBStopServer           Running: "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS HomeKit Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/homebridge/unload" "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1032723143"
2018-02-16 10:52:21.288   INFO           Plugin   shellHBStopServer           Attempting to stop 'HomeKit Bridge'
2018-02-16 10:52:23.722   DEBUG          Plugin   onAfter_runConcurrentThread   Checking running state of all servers
2018-02-16 10:52:26.296   INFO           Plugin   shellHBStopServer           HomeKit server 'HomeKit Bridge' has been stopped
2018-02-16 10:52:26.296   ERROR          Plugin.plug   actionControlDimmerRelay    send "HomeKit Bridge" on failed

Deleted all devices and action group and tried again with one device. No go. Will not start.

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:05 am
autolog offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
autolog wrote:
I have Nest Protects only - I don't have any Nest thermostats.

I do have Popp and Spirit thermostats that don't have cooling as the are Thermostatic Radiator Valve controllers. :)

I was looking specifically for the plugin, I would say don't add your Nest stuff to HKB just yet because they may not work. It was a stop gap in frustration when I couldn't ready my logs because my thermostat was updating, literally, 12 states every 3 seconds and it was in HKB so...... yea.

Anyway, 0.6.1 is posted, it'll do a check on those states before trying to compare them.

Installed 0.6.1 and all is now working OK - five HK-Bs active. :)

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:30 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Coolcaper wrote:
Just installed v0.6.1

HomeKit Bridge Error Exception in plugin.serverCheckForComplications line 1962: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '-fill-'

I see why, the -FILL- option caused it. I'll fix that. In the meantime you can turn off complications in the plugin prefs so it won't try to fire that up. You may have to delete the server and recreate it. As a safety measure top the server first if it's running (which I assume it is not based on your second message).

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:30 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

autolog wrote:
Installed 0.6.1 and all is now working OK - five HK-Bs active.

FIVE? Wow, what a trooper!!! Thanks Auto!

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:14 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Ok, all, as of this current Beta can you tell me which devices are not working as they should? For me everything works great except my Multi IO garage door kit has a long wait time before responding back and I'm working on that, but are you experiencing any issues with devices in HomeKit not working right or devices in Indigo not updating HomeKit properly? I ask because I want to start on boarding a bunch of new devices on each beta release but I don't want to do that unless the ones that are there are working properly.

As a reminder the following devices are enabled in HomeKit:

Lightbulb (i.e., dimmer)
Switch (i.e., relay)
Outlet
Lock
Fan
Motion Sensor
Garage Door Opener
Action Groups (as switches)
Thermostat

Also, do you have any device types you would really like to see on boarded earlier rather than later?

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:25 am
autolog offline

I have defined an outlet which is an Aeotec Switch 6 which measures power - Does the power show up in some way in the Home App?

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:28 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

autolog wrote:
I have defined an outlet which is an Aeotec Switch 6 which measures power - Does the power show up in some way in the Home App?

The power itself doesn't show up but the outlet should properly report that it is "In Use" when you go to the details. This is no biggie since all outlets will say that, but the difference is that if yours has power metering that if you unplug (or otherwise turn off) the items attached to that plug then the plug will show as on but the In Use will be false.

Where this will be particularly useful is in HomeKit actions (triggers) that allow you to be notified when this happens.

That being said, there ARE power meters in HomeKit that will be added that will allow you to monitor the actual power output too.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:41 pm
Coolcaper offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Coolcaper wrote:
Just installed v0.6.1

I see why, the -FILL- option caused it. I'll fix that. In the meantime you can turn off complications in the plugin prefs so it won't try to fire that up. You may have to delete the server and recreate it. As a safety measure top the server first if it's running (which I assume it is not based on your second message).

Deleted the old server and while attempting to create a new one, I get this in the log:

HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in plugin.portIsOpen line 857: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
                      CODE: s.bind(("127.0.0.1", int(port) ))

HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in plugin.portIsOpen line 857: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

However, with complications turned off, I do not get the -FILL- error like before when adding an Action Group, so it worked.

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:02 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Coolcaper wrote:
Deleted the old server and while attempting to create a new one, I get this in the log:

However, with complications turned off, I do not get the -FILL- error like before when adding an Action Group, so it worked.

Interesting, that is checking for open ports and is trying to reference a blank open port. You deleted and re-created a server or did you copy one? When you created the new one did you see that it was trying to start the server immediately (you'll see it on the status and in the log)? Did you immediately configure the server when you created it?

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:06 pm
Coolcaper offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Coolcaper wrote:

Interesting, that is checking for open ports and is trying to reference a blank open port. You deleted and re-created a server or did you copy one? When you created the new one did you see that it was trying to start the server immediately (you'll see it on the status and in the log)? Did you immediately configure the server when you created it?

I deleted and re-created a server.
Yes it was trying to start the server immediately and yes I was trying to configure it when I created it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:08 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Ok, I've already added a trap in there to prevent the error, I'll backtrace it and see if I can head it off at the pass so it doesn't try to start without a port.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:26 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

An entire slew (that's just short of a metric crap-ton) of fixes and adds for the freshly minted Beta 7 (click here to get it). Get it while it's hot.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:31 pm
ZachBenz offline

Did a quick test install of the Beta last night, and the server won't start. Haven't had a chance to actually play around with things yet or fire up the debugger, but will do that tomorrow (as well as install the latest Beta - I was running v0.6.1)

ZachBenz's Plugins: RingForIndigo

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:05 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

You need to restart the plugin, it’s a known issue and is at the top of the known issues on the release notes.

Check Them Out Here

Page 7 of 26 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26