HomeKit Bridge Closed Beta Discussion

Posted on
Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:11 am
Coolcaper offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Closed Beta Discussion

Had the same issue. The plugin only zip does not start the servers. Downgraded to 0.16.3 and upgraded again with the full zip. All servers running now.

Posted on
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:13 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Coolcaper wrote:
Had the same issue. The plugin only zip does not start the servers. Downgraded to 0.16.3 and upgraded again with the full zip. All servers running now.

I'm not surprised that worked given the error reported is certainly a Homebridge error and the only way I can see that happening is if the file was corrupt.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:48 pm
mlooss offline

Today’s 0.17.1 release downloaded and unzipped in no time at all. It started my HBK server automatically and it is now running again after almost 3 days of down time, but I still don't see my previously excluded devices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:37 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

mlooss wrote:
after almost 3 days of down time

Did you try what I had suggested an hour after you posted? It was a corrupted zip ball, the source zip would have fixed the problem.

mlooss wrote:
still don't see my previously excluded devices?

Did you try what I suggested about deleting your prefs file?

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:56 am
mlooss offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
mlooss wrote:
after almost 3 days of down time

Did you try what I had suggested an hour after you posted? It was a corrupted zip ball, the source zip would have fixed the problem.

mlooss wrote:
still don't see my previously excluded devices?

Did you try what I suggested about deleting your prefs file?

Yes, I did delete some prefs files I found and also had the plug-in rebuilt the home bridge folder. You may have missed my post, understandably with your workload in getting this plug-in released.

When I did install the 0.17.1 release yesterday, it started the Homebridge server automatically, but my devices never responded in the Home app.. I removed the home bridge accessory and then added it again, which got all of my devices working again. Of course, except those still MIA excluded devices, but I am patient, after all it is still beta software.

Thanks

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:00 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

mlooss wrote:
Yes, I did delete some prefs files I found and also had the plug-in rebuilt the home bridge folder.

I can't even imagine how that would be possible. It's possible that you may have a filesystem issue. The only time that the plugin does anything at all with that folder is if it is missing entirely.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:06 am
mlooss offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
mlooss wrote:
Yes, I did delete some prefs files I found and also had the plug-in rebuilt the home bridge folder.

I can't even imagine how that would be possible. It's possible that you may have a filesystem issue. The only time that the plugin does anything at all with that folder is if it is missing entirely.

I thought about this possibility too and I did run a file system check and it found no major problems, I am in Puerto Rico and the electrical power still goes out at least a couple of times a week, just yesterday I was without power all afternoon, again. All my most important devices/systems are protected with a UPS, but the power goes out longer then my battery run time and my system shuts down unexpectedly every time.

I am not sure I did delete the correct prefs file, can you point to its location?

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:16 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

mlooss wrote:
I am not sure I did delete the correct prefs file, can you point to its location?

Please read this FAQ regarding the preference file.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:26 am
mlooss offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
mlooss wrote:

Yes, that is the pref file I deleted already. I did disable the plug-in before deleting the file and then started it again. But let me gives this another try now and I will report back.

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:17 am
mlooss offline

mlooss wrote:
Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
mlooss wrote:

Yes, that is the pref file I deleted already. I did disable the plug-in before deleting the file and then started it again. But let me gives this another try now and I will report back.

Looks like this time, my plug-in pref file did reset and the excluded devices show up again.

I did get this error message but all seems to work now?

HomeKit Bridge

#####################################################################
# HomeKit Bridge #
# #
# Plugin Version : 0.17.1 #
# Template Version : 3.3.1 #
# Core Engine Version : 3.0.0 #
# Indigo Version : 7.1.1 #
# Indigo API Version : 2.0 #
# #
# Alphas, Betas and Pre-Releases can be downloaded from: #
# https://github.com/Colorado4Wheeler #
# #
# All support inquiries, questions or comments go to: #
# viewforum.php?f=192 #
# #
# Copyright (c) 2018 - Colorado4Wheeler & EPS #
# #

HomeKit Bridge None
HomeKit Bridge Rebuilding configuration for 'HomeKit Server Security'
HomeKit Bridge Error
Something is wrong, your plugin preferences should have a setting that it seems to be missing. The only way to not
have this setting is if you canceled our configuration preferences when you first installed HomeKit Bridge. Please
go to Plugins -> HomeKit Bridge -> Configure and be absolutely certain that you click the SAVE button in the lower
right-hand part of the window and try to start your server again. If you tried this and still get the same error
then please post the following on the forum or in Git issues so it can be diagnosed:

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:28 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Did you follow the instructions and go into prefs and SAVE them? That message appears only when one of the prefs is missing and it's only missing if the file is missing and the file is only missing if you didn't re-create the prefs. If you continue to get the message then disable Homebridge Buddy, restart HomeKit Bridge, save the prefs and then you can re-enabled HBB.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:30 am
mlooss offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Did you follow the instructions and go into prefs and SAVE them? That message appears only when one of the prefs is missing and it's only missing if the file is missing and the file is only missing if you didn't re-create the prefs. If you continue to get the message then disable Homebridge Buddy, restart HomeKit Bridge, save the prefs and then you can re-enabled HBB.

Yes, I clicked on save and I already had HBB disabled since last weekend when I made the migration to HBK. I think I know what might have caused this error message. My Indigo server is a headless Mac mini and I use Apple Remote Desktop to manage it, but most of the time I just launch the Indigo client from my main mac mini for management. For installing plug-in updates and troubleshooting I remote desktop into the server but I had the Indigo client also running and after I had installed the plug-in, it popped up a message on the client and Indigo had become unresponsive and I ended up force quitting it.

I just restarted the plug-in and the first time around it through this error message and my HBK server never started.:

HomeKit Bridge Error HomeKit server 'HomeKit Server' could not be started, please check the service logs for more information, now issuing a forced shutdown of the service to be safe.

On the second plug-in restart it gave no errors, reported the HomeKit Bridge is loaded and my server started automatically.

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:33 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I'm not really sure what happened then honestly. I have a headless mac as well and haven't had that issue. If it happens again open a ticket on Git and we'll see if anyone else reports similar behavior.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:34 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Closing this topic as there is a new topic for the Public Beta that will be for all future beta discussions.

Check Them Out Here