HomeKit Bridge Closed Beta Discussion

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:02 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

HomeKit Bridge Closed Beta Discussion

logo-c-beta.png
logo-c-beta.png (67.39 KiB) Viewed 3190 times

Please use this thread for all discussions regarding the closed Beta. Once HomeKit Bridge is moved to open Beta this topic will be locked. If you are not a beta tester please post any comments to a separate thread so we can keep this one on topic.

Beta begins! When you first get invited to Git please be sure to visit the Wiki page for the current documentation as well as the Issues area for any beta testing specifics. Outside of test results specific to Issue threads on Git, please use this thread for any other discussions, issues, suggestion, etc.

Each Beta build will have a release generated, so you should always be able to get the latest current build from the Git releases for HomeKit Bridge. Be sure to read the notes on each release because it not only has what changed but will maintain a list of known issues still being worked on. The most recent release and known issue notes can also be found in the CHANGES.md in the root Git folder.

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:05 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Closed Beta Discussion

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:57 am
autolog offline

Installed the beta and I have setup one device. :)

I had to reload the plugin to get the HomeKit Bridge into a running state.

Do I need to do anything on the iPhone to get the device to show?

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:02 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

autolog wrote:
I had to reload the plugin to get the HomeKit Bridge into a running state.

I still need to do a fresh install so I can diagnose that but I thought the latest build would have fixed that because it's set to create the structure and start the server on the validate config method. I'll look into it some more and add it to the known issues.

autolog wrote:
Do I need to do anything on the iPhone to get the device to show?

Open up any HomeKit app and add an accessory, tell the app you want to use a code and then you should see the accessory (named whatever you called it in Indigo) available to be added. The code is universal for all HKB servers: 031-45-154 (and you'll see this also in the address of the server device you created).

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:06 am
autolog offline

OK - I will try that :)

Also noticed the log is being flooded with messages such as:
2018-02-09 16:03:36.424 THREADDEBUG Plugin.plug nonpluginDeviceUpdated Non plugin device 'Thermostat-10' has been updated
2018-02-09 16:03:36.424 THREADDEBUG Plugin.plug _callBack Raising onAfter_nonpluginDeviceUpdated in plugin.py from call to nonpluginDeviceUpdated

As it is a nonpluginDeviceUpdated- should these be suppressed?

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:07 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Do you have debugging turned on? It shouldn't show up for info or higher.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:08 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

My libraries will log like an SOB if you turn on thread debug. There's a lot going on with my plugins trying to trap the things my plugin wants to know about.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:10 am
autolog offline

Turned on my device (LIFX Lamp) using Homekit Bridge - Fantastic :D

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:12 am
autolog offline

Debug is set at Info - I am referring to the plugin.log in your folder: com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge in the Indigo Logs folder. :)

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:14 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

autolog wrote:
Turned on my device (LIFX Lamp) using Homekit Bridge - Fantastic :D

Woot! And now you can "Hey Siri" that from anywhere too (so long as you have an iPad or Apple TV to link your HomeKit to your house when you are away from it). "Hey Siri, turn on Lamp". That changed how I use home automation completely.

autolog wrote:
Debug is set at Info - I am referring to the plugin.log in your folder: com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge in the Indigo Logs folder. :)

Yea, I just set those off in the libraries because while they don't add a whole lot of processing tax, they do add some. In Beta 2 they will be gone. They are mostly for me anyway and I've been using those libraries so long that I already know what is happening :).

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:45 am
autolog offline

Added a second bridge and got a load of error messages (not helpful I know :wink: ) - So I reloaded the plugin and got these messages:
Stopped plugin "HomeKit Bridge 0.1.1"
Starting plugin "HomeKit Bridge 0.1.1" (pid 88479)
Started plugin "HomeKit Bridge 0.1.1"
HomeKit Bridge Error Exception in plugin.buildServerConfigurationDict line 1872: 'key includedDevices not found in dict'
CODE: includedDevices = json.loads(server.pluginProps["includedDevices"])

HomeKit Bridge Error Unable to build server configuration for 'Home Bridge - Outlets'.
HomeKit Bridge Rebuilding configuration for 'Home Bridge - Outlets'
HomeKit Bridge Error Exception in plugin.buildServerConfigurationDict line 1872: 'key includedDevices not found in dict'
CODE: includedDevices = json.loads(server.pluginProps["includedDevices"])

HomeKit Bridge Error Unable to build server configuration for 'Home Bridge - Outlets'.
HomeKit Bridge Attempting to start 'Home Bridge - Outlets'

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:49 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

That looks like the 2nd bridge didn't have any devices when you saved it. Did it? That "includedDevices" key is created as soon as you try to add a device and it should survive the save from that point forward.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:50 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Oh and upgrade to the release 0.1.2, I think you nabbed the Git download rather than the releases (although the current Git download is also 0.1.2). It won't address this but it does fix a few little things that popped up last night - including the issue you reported that the server didn't start when you added it. I invited everyone to the Git prior to 0.1.2 being fully uploaded (it was in progress) so that's how you likely ended up with an older build.

Regardless, I put in a failsafe to stash those values if someone doesn't add devices and/or actions to the server. Thanks for the report!

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:04 am
autolog offline

LIFX Device (created by my plugin) is being recognised as a switch when I add it to the HKB:
Device details:
brightness : 100
description : LIFX Device
deviceTypeId : lifxDevice
model : LIFX + A19
name : Dining Room
onBrightensToDefaultToggle : False
onBrightensToLast : False
onState : True

(MODERATOR NOTE: REMOVED MOST OF THE DATA DUMP TO CLEAN UP THREAD SINCE IT WAS A MISTAKEN REPORT AND THE DEVICE ENDED UP WORKING AS EXPECTED)

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:08 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Thanks for letting me know, I'll see if I can tweak the definitions. It should have detected as a Lightbulb since it is dimmable. That's really odd, that matches the definitions for a lightbulb in every possible way. I'll add some debug logging to that function to see if we can figure out why it doesn't autodetect properly.

Check Them Out Here