HomeKit Bridge Coming Soon

Posted on
Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:16 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Coming Soon

gtreece wrote:
How is the testing going?

Quite well, chugging along. I think it's turning out to be a really good plugin.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:48 pm
Fishysan offline

Little late noticing the call, glad you got lots of people!

If you still need any testers, do let me know. I've a number of different object types I can test with too. Not my garage, as it's the same method as yours. :)

Either way, looking forward to it.

Cheers!

Posted on
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:17 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Coming Soon [almost here]

This past Friday marked four weeks since the private beta began, about six weeks since I started the plugin and a month after the HomePod launch so I thought it would be a good time to update whomever is interested on the state of the plugin.

Right now it's extremely stable, so much so that myself and a few others have completely migrated from Homebridge Buddy to this plugin. For me it's worked pretty much flawlessly so I don't have any complaints. There have been a handful of reports about wonky first-install issues where the Homebridge server doesn't start up right away or the Homebridge folder doesn't get created that I have not yet been able to verify on my end and this is the primary reason it has not been opened to public beta yet. Until I can make sure that I'm not going to get flooded with a bunch of support requests for new installations then I'm not opening it up. Other than that, though, it's pretty solid.

It has been a very long road of coding on this plugin, very much a passion project because it's taken me so much further than HBB ever did that it's fun to see what HomeKit really can do. In the past six weeks I've coded for between 4 and 15 hours a day on this plugin, so its between around 250 hours of programming and 500 (I haven't kept strict time accounting) so it's been quite taxing. The past week I've been in maintenance mode to see if any new issues popped up and really they haven't so I think it's stable enough for public release once I nail down a few checklist items:

• Comprehensively test that new installs work out of the gate every single time
  • Update the plugin documentation to reflect the UI changes made over the past two weeks

That's about it and I'll open it up for public beta.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:52 am
jalves offline

Appreciate all your hard work (and that of the beta testers too) on this C4W! Looking forward to the release.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:25 am
Fishysan offline

Indeed! Awesome C4W. Looking forward to it for sure.

Please let us know if we can send donations too.

Need install testers who already have HBB and had two HB servers going, lemme know.

Cheers.