HomeKit Bridge, Not Able to Add Accessory Server

Posted on
Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:52 pm
makedrinklas offline

HomeKit Bridge, Not Able to Add Accessory Server

HI all,

HomeKit for some reason recently stopped recognizing commands and was not able to see the HomeKit Server accessories on my phone. I deleted the home, reset all of the HomePods and created a new home, and have added them back. No table to add HomeKit Bridge as I mentioned. I've tried turning off the firewalls on the Mac, punching in the setup code just spins in HomeKit. The HomeKit Bridge Service is definitely up and running , no changes there. Start and stop the plugin, restart machine has no effect.

How can I troubleshoot this? It's as if HomeKit via the phone just can't see the running server. They are on the same network.

Reloading plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2" using API v2.0
Stopping plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2" (pid 6641)
Stopped plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2"
Warning plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2" may not be compatible with next Indigo release without an update
Starting plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2" (pid 8723)
HomeKit Bridge Caching all HomeKit Bridge devices...
Started plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2"
HomeKit Bridge Attempting to start 'Homekit Server'
HomeKit Bridge HomeKit Bridge is running the latest version, no update needed
HomeKit Bridge Server 'Homekit Server' has successfully started, you can use your HomeKit apps or Siri for this accessory
HomeKit Bridge HomeKit Bridge is loaded and ready to use

Posted on
Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:16 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge, Not Able to Add Accessory Server

This plugin is no longer supported, as the developer has left the platform.

A replacement is now in Beta test: viewforum.php?f=366

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:30 pm
makedrinklas offline

Hi, sorry, I don't see a compiled Indigo plugin file under releases? Am I missing something on Github?

Posted on
Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:33 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Click the triangle next to assets, then download the zip file.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:02 pm
makedrinklas offline

That seemed to work! All is pretty good, I created my first bridge device.

Question: how do you add subsequent actions and devices. The documentation does not seem to spell that out. I opened the device instance and changed the drop downs for an action on top of a light and both show up in HomeKit. The action did not appear to work properly. (On action and an off action for a set of lights, much like a scene.) However, it’s appearing that each device or action needs a new device and instance of your HKLB? Just wondering how I add a second device and so on. Also, deleting devices is probably as simple as deleting them in Indigo and Homekit/phone? I feel like I boogered it up so starting again tomorrow.

Thank you for your work on this, it is greatly appreciated. Wish I remotely had the skills and knowledge to do this!

Posted on
Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:05 pm
FlyingDiver offline

makedrinklas wrote:

Question: how do you add subsequent actions and devices. The documentation does not seem to spell that out. I opened the device instance and changed the drop downs for an action on top of a light and both show up in HomeKit. The action did not appear to work properly. (On action and an off action for a set of lights, much like a scene.) However, it’s appearing that each device or action needs a new device and instance of your HKLB? Just wondering how I add a second device and so on. Also, deleting devices is probably as simple as deleting them in Indigo and Homekit/phone? I feel like I boogered it up so starting again tomorrow.

Thank you for your work on this, it is greatly appreciated. Wish I remotely had the skills and knowledge to do this!

You should post these questions in the forum for that new plugin. Not this old one.

And no, I'm not the developer of the new plugin. That would be Glen, and he's in New Zealand so take that into account on how long it takes him to respond to questions.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:34 pm
GlennNZ offline

makedrinklas wrote:

Hi

(Jay / if when you read this can you move to more appropriate HKLS forum? -thanks)

Ok.
You seem to be mixing metaphors here. There are actions within Homekit itself, but I presume you mean indigo action Groups?
Question: how do you add subsequent actions and devices.

I presume you mean Indigo Action Groups and Indigo devices?
And how do you add these to the HomeKitLink Bridge device?

I believe it is all pretty well documented:
viewtopic.php?f=366&t=26142

Quick, Basic Setup

1. Create a HomeKitLink Bridge device within Indigo - Create New, Select HomeKitLink and the Bridge type (there is only one option)
2. Select a Indigo device to publish on this Bridge to HomeKit.

For this simple example lets just pick a Light Device
3. Click the Checkbox Publish Device

4. Name the Device. This is the HomeKit name - Homekit automatically removes the Room name from front of device. Decide on your naming.

5. Select the HomeKit device Type. "Lightbulb". HomeKitLink will decide what type of Light your device should be automatically (from Color, to Dimmer, to switch only)

6. Please Button: Save Device

Indigo's log - will communicate that device has been published.

7. When done addingall device - Please SAVE in the Device's Config Dialog. (This will stop, start the HomeKitLink Bridge)

This device should now be Setup within HomeKit
Siri - can control - turn on Light-name, turn on Room lights etc. Close/Open Blinds etc.etc

To add Additional Devices (up to 95 per Indigo HomeKitLink Bridge) go to Edit and repeat Step 2.
You can add as many devices as wished at once, before closing the Config Dialog and restarting Bridge with Save

&

It seems like you have successfully adding a action Group as a Light to HomeKit.
To add more you simply select you new device, its device type, enable the correct checkbox and press Save.
You repeat this for every device, or action Group you wish to add. When done adding press save.

The action did not appear to work properly. (On action and an off action for a set of lights, much like a scene.) However, it’s appearing that each device or action needs a new device and instance of your HKLB? Just wondering how I add a second device and so on.
However, it’s appearing that each device or action needs a new device and instance of your HKLB?

If you have added an Indigo action Group to Homekit - the HomeKit app should simply run this action group. Action Groups do not have a OFF button - so in homekit they are activate only.
A indigo virtual device may be more what you need.
You can add up to 95 devices, or action groups to a single HomeKitLink Bridge device.

Also, deleting devices is probably as simple as deleting them in Indigo and Homekit/phone? I feel like I boogered it up so starting again tomorrow.

If you wish to remove a device from HomeKitLink Bridge, select it in the device edit screen, and unpublish checkbox, click save. It should disappear from the HomeKit App.

Glenn

Posted on
Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:35 pm
makedrinklas offline

Hi all, I was able to get HomeKit Bridge running again!

I noticed this in the log as I was trying to get HKLS running again and HomeKit was still having trouble finding the bridge. So just for fun I tried enabling HomeKit Bridge:

Jun 22, 2022 at 4:19:57 PM
Enabling plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2" using API v2.0
Warning plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2" may not be compatible with next Indigo release without an update
Starting plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2" (pid 33316)
HomeKit Bridge Caching all HomeKit Bridge devices...
Started plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2"
HomeKit Bridge Attempting to start 'Homekit Server'
HomeKit Bridge HomeKit Bridge is running the latest version, no update needed
HomeKit Bridge HomeKit Bridge is loaded and ready to use

Jun 22, 2022 at 4:20:59 PM
HomeKit Bridge Error HomeKit server 'Homekit Server' could not be started, please check the service logs for more information,
now issuing a forced shutdown of the service to be safe.

If you continue to have problems starting this server use the Advanced Plugin Actions menu option to rebuild the Homebridge folder.
Instructions at https://github.com/Colorado4Wheeler/Hom ... dge-folder

So I followed the instructions and was then able to add HKB back into my HomeKit setup. Probably just a hiccup after doing the updates. Tested with the HomePods and Indigo devices and actions are back to normal! (And the training it took for us to communicate to Siri what each device was called.) Very intuitive.

Meanwhile, GlennNZ I'm sure HKLS is destined for big things. :)

Page 1 of 1