On off? or off on?

Posted on
Thu May 06, 2021 2:31 pm
jltnol offline

On off? or off on?

So I have an action group setup to turn some stuff OFF in Indigo. I've got it working in the HomeKit Bridge just perfectly, but of course, I have to say "Turn On XXX" to activate the Action Group that turns stuff off. The Action Group is set up as a 'switch' in HomeKit, and I'd like to invert the On/Off state., so I can say "Turn off XXX", which will activate the Action Group and obviously turn stuff off.

But from what I can tell, this inversion can't be done when adding the Action Group to HomeKit Bridge, and once the Action Group is added, I've not found a way to Invert this. While trying to edit this, the Invert Checkbox is visible, but checking it and clicking SAVE doesn't work. And once you click the "Do Selected Action".... to edit the selected item... the Invert checkbox dissapears.

Is this possible? Am I missing something? Otherwise, HomeKit Bridge is the BOMB!

Posted on
Thu May 06, 2021 3:22 pm
colin_d offline

Re: On off? or off on?

I use an action group to control some living room lights, it contains a script that checks for the lights on or off then acts accordingly.
I can fire the action group just with 'Hey Siri, Lights' - no on or off required.
That just toggles the lights, or if they're set way low for example, they brighten up to normal level.
No doubt there's an easier way to do it but this works for me :D

Code: Select all
wall = indigo.devices[262171949]     
tab1 = indigo.devices[557163163]      
tab2 = indigo.devices[982908862]      
if (wall.brightness==34) or (tab1.brightness==34) or (tab2.brightness==34):
   indigo.actionGroup.execute(879372069)   # turn off 3 lights
else:
   indigo.actionGroup.execute(11676588)    # normal level 3 lights

Posted on
Thu May 06, 2021 4:09 pm
jltnol offline

Re: On off? or off on?

I might try to give this a shot.... but its more than just lights. . Airplay devices need to be disconnected, and then quit some apps after... but, I can see how I can probably get this to work checking a variable which would indicate whether the music system is off or no.

Thanks.. :)

Page 1 of 1