starter tip

Posted on
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:05 pm
dduff617 offline

starter tip

This plugin is great and looks super-useful and well-polished. Thanks to the author for great work.

Quick tip for anyone starting up: make sure you find and read the Getting Started Quickstart page in the wiki. The only minor snag I had in getting up and running was due to my not initially finding this page. After that it was smooth sailing.

Posted on
Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:54 pm
DU Lou offline

Re: starter tip

I have a noob question...

Not sure what is 'right' or 'wrong' but I have so far created 3 bridges to match 3 of my rooms. Is that what others are doing or is it best to just have one bridge with every indigo device? Just curious before I go to far down this path.. :)

Thanks!
~Loui

Posted on
Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:44 am
Trwesq offline

I have one bridge for all of my devices (approximately 150) and a separate bridge for all of my actions. Keeps things simple and easy to access. Good luck!

Posted on
Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:05 am
jalves offline

I have 5 different bridges, one for each type of device. So, I've got one for lights, one for fans, one for blinds and one for cameras.

I've occasionally had to rebuild one or the other of these. Its much easier to rebuild a small bridge rather than have to do all of your devices.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Page 1 of 1