HomeKit Bridge Teasers

Posted on
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:00 am
Different Computers offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Teasers

When you think about it, most protocols would make good stripper names.

Zee Wave

Instee Onn

TeeCee Piepe

Honey Well

Not Zigbee though. Sounds like the last name of Horace, the sleazy club owner. And his bouncer, Artie Espie.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:12 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Different Computers wrote:
When you think about it, most protocols would make good stripper names.

Zee Wave

Instee Onn

TeeCee Piepe

Honey Well

Not Zigbee though. Sounds like the last name of Horace, the sleazy club owner. And his bouncer, Artie Espie.

LMAO! That's awesome!

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:31 am
durosity offline

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:57 am
mat offline

Where’s the plugin for those beauties? :twisted:

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:35 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

[MODERATOR NOTE] I removed the unrelated discussion that was contributing to the continuing derailment of this thread. ;).

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:48 am
durosity offline

You know that’s my job around here, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:17 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I've gotten a lot of PM's about 2.0 and beta testing and all of that, I'm so happy you all want to get on board!

That being said, I'm in early Alpha at the moment and this is a major overhaul of HKB. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of HKB and it's quite stable but it is lacking some of the structure I need for things that I want to do.

To give you an idea of how big of a task this is, I've now spent nearly 2 weeks designing just a single UI form! This form is, quite frankly, the coolest Indigo UI I've seen and it does a lot of stuff and ends up being the backbone of how devices are mapped to HomeKit in 2.0. So far (and the form is about 95% complete now) the form itself is pushing 700 lines of XML and is supported by currently around 1,500 lines of Python to make it do all its magic.

2.0 on my development system doesn't do anything other than this form at the moment so beta testing is a while down the road.

Needless to say, 2.0 is going to be an amazing plugin (I hope).

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:19 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Oh, and when I do open up 2.0 for beta it's going to actually be a whole new plugin during the beta testing so that you can run HKB 1.x and HKB 2.0 together so as not to sacrifice any current HomeKit usability or stability. Once dialed in and working like a clock it will be renamed to overwrite HKB 1.x and released.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:05 pm
durosity offline

That’s a lot of work for a form! Looking forward to trying it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:25 pm
mat offline

:shock:

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:24 pm
Venicenerd offline

I LOVE HomeKit Bridge! So far this is the simplest solution I’ve come across to add unsupported devices into HomeKit. Incredible work. I can’t even imagine how you’ll make it better. When will you release the next tease? :D

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:36 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Thanks for the kind words ;).

The next teaser will be posted when the everlasting gobstopper form is finished. Holy crap it has been a lot of work - although it's not just the form as I'm also totally rewriting a massive chunk of the library that runs HKB.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:05 pm
Venicenerd offline

I am SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!! I'm about to move all of my Insteon devices (at least 40...) over to Indigo from my ISY so that I can use them with your fantastic plugin.

Posted on
Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:59 pm
Venicenerd offline

Any news on this? It’s been a while. :)

Would love an update!

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:03 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

The project stalled for a bit because I got involved in another project and couldn't devote the same level of dev time to HKB. As a reference, I spent nearly 2 months straight (as in every day for 8-15 hours a day) working on this at the beginning of the year and that time caught up to me in a big way.

Regardless, I didn't sweat it too much because HKB has been incredibly stable and not in need of TLC. The project is back on the map again, I'm eyeing some smaller updates to start before I really dig in. It's an incredibly large project to work on so I have to allot time to do it.

Check Them Out Here