HomeKit Bridge Official Released (Testing Closed)

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 8:29 am
rehafer offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Release Candidate Testing Open

noel1983 wrote:
Not sure if this is similar but just yesterday my front door lock notifications and status from home app started being inverted.

It has worked perfectly for two weeks. When door is unlocked it shows as unlocked in home app and sends me the notification saying door unlocked and vice verse

Just yesterday with no changes having been made to Indigo it started telling me and showing me door locked when actually it was unlocked.

Restarting HomeKit bridge solved this but then a while later it inverted again.

Invert status is NOT set.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Noel

Are you using iOS 11.4 Beta? It was just updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 8:30 am
noel1983 offline

Nope standard software,
There is a software update pending so I’ll do that and see what happens.

Posted on
Sun May 13, 2018 7:22 am
noel1983 offline

Hi,
Sorry for the delay but i've amended the logs to debug and this is what I get below.

using Home on the iphone I pressed the front door lock icon. The app showed the door as locked but the door was unlocked confirmed visually and in indigo.

So pressing the button I was 'locking' the door. That's the first bit of logs you see.

Then I pressed it again to 'unlock' the door.

The state in Homekit is inverted for some reason.

I've tried inverting the on/off state in homekit bridge but that doesn't seem to have any effect.

Any help greatly appreciated, I'm not aware of any changes or updates that changed this behaviour, it worked spot on for around 2 weeks before the notifications and status in homekit inverted.

Thanks
Noel

HomeKit Bridge Debug HTTP GET request received
HomeKit Bridge Debug LockTargetState is running because the rule passes for device.turnOff
HomeKit Bridge Debug Homebridge-Indigo2 Device Payload 1.0.0 loaded
HomeKit Bridge Debug Converting indigoModelSubmodel keyword for HomeKit type or firmware on 'FrontDoorLock'
HomeKit Bridge Debug Converting indigoVersion keyword for HomeKit type or firmware on 'FrontDoorLock'
HomeKit Bridge Debug Homebridge-Indigo2 Payload Data 1.0.0 loaded
Z-Wave sent "FrontDoorLock" off
Trigger FrontDoorLockedStopTimer
HomeKit Bridge Debug Indigo device FrontDoorLock changed and is linked to HomeKit, checking if that change impacts HomeKit
HomeKit Bridge Debug FrontDoorLock started as a HomeKit Lock Mechanism
HomeKit Bridge Debug Device FrontDoorLock had an update that HomeKit needs to know about
HomeKit Bridge Debug Converting indigoModelSubmodel keyword for HomeKit type or firmware on 'FrontDoorLock'
HomeKit Bridge Debug Converting indigoVersion keyword for HomeKit type or firmware on 'FrontDoorLock'
HomeKit Bridge Debug Homebridge update requested, querying http://127.0.0.1:8446/devices/f147b30b5 ... fa6386a604 on HomeKitBridgeServer to update FrontDoorLock
Z-Wave received "FrontDoorLock" power load to 0.0 W
HomeKit Bridge Debug Indigo device FrontDoorLock changed and is linked to HomeKit, checking if that change impacts HomeKit
HomeKit Bridge Debug HTTP GET request received
HomeKit Bridge Debug LockTargetState was not set because the rule didn't pass for device.turnOff
HomeKit Bridge Debug LockTargetState is running because the rule passes for device.turnOn
Z-Wave sent "FrontDoorLock" on
Trigger FrontDoorUnlockTimerStart
HomeKit Bridge Debug Device FrontDoorLock had an update that HomeKit needs to know about
HomeKit Bridge Debug Homebridge update requested, querying http://127.0.0.1:8446/devices/f147b30b5 ... fa6386a604 on HomeKitBridgeServer to update FrontDoorLock
Trigger EnSuiteNoMotionDefinitely
Z-Wave sent "En Suite Bathroom Mirror Lights 003 - Dimmer Switch (FGD211)" off
Z-Wave received "FrontDoorLock" power load to 1.8 W
Z-Wave received "FrontDoorLock" power load to 2.0 W

Posted on
Sun May 13, 2018 7:25 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Please open a ticket on Git, where it will ask for you to post the Homebridge log, etc. Right now we have just half the picture.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun May 13, 2018 7:27 am
noel1983 offline

Sorry about that hadn't clocked that git was the place :)

Just realised I was still on v0.23. Have just upgraded and it's now working correctly again.

Will keep an eye on it and raise a git ticket if it re-occurs now i'm on v1.

Cheers

Posted on
Mon May 21, 2018 6:46 am
rehafer offline

I just tried a quick experiment. I created a second HomeKit Bridge and put all my disappearing/reappearing in it. One day later and all three are stable.
I don’t know if this is useful information are just a coincidence; but I thought I’d pass it along.

Posted on
Mon May 21, 2018 7:18 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

rehafer wrote:
I just tried a quick experiment. I created a second HomeKit Bridge and put all my disappearing/reappearing in it. One day later and all three are stable.
I don’t know if this is useful information are just a coincidence; but I thought I’d pass it along.

I suspect that the server name, ID or password may be corrupted in your HomeKit database - even if not "corrupted", they may be associated with an issue that recurs. By creating a new server you are resetting that issue.

For me, I haven't had a single blip in weeks. I've been waiting to make this release final based on what happens in the time between RC1 and now and it's quite as can be, a good sign that things are stable. Time to release.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:13 am
malencar offline

First of all, thank you for the amazing work!

I managed to migrate successfully from HBB to HKB but there's one thing I can't figure out.
I added my Haiku SenseMe fan and I can control the fan itself in the home app without needing to create a virtual device, but I can't figure out how to control the light.
Do I need to create a virtual device just for the light?

Thanks in advance,

Mauro

Posted on
Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:55 am
webdeck offline

malencar wrote:

I managed to migrate successfully from HBB to HKB but there's one thing I can't figure out.
I added my Haiku SenseMe fan and I can control the fan itself in the home app without needing to create a virtual device, but I can't figure out how to control the light.

Thanks in advance,

Mauro

Here is a workaround - create a second HomeKit Bridge device and add the SenseMe fan again, but this time choose the device type as light. You can't add the same device more than once to the same HomeKit Bridge, but you can add it to a second HomeKit Bridge as a light and it will work. Don't forget to add the second HomeKit Bridge to HomeKit on your iOS device. You'll wind up with two HomeKit devices - one that is a fan and one that is a light.

Posted on
Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:35 am
malencar offline

webdeck wrote:
malencar wrote:

Thanks in advance,

Mauro

Here is a workaround - create a second HomeKit Bridge device and add the SenseMe fan again, but this time choose the device type as light. You can't add the same device more than once to the same HomeKit Bridge, but you can add it to a second HomeKit Bridge as a light and it will work. Don't forget to add the second HomeKit Bridge to HomeKit on your iOS device. You'll wind up with two HomeKit devices - one that is a fan and one that is a light.

Thank you! I did that and turning the light on and dimming work, but turning off doesn't (either using Siri or the Home app).
Do you know what could be the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Mauro

Posted on
Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:26 pm
malencar offline

Also, my blinds, which are controlled by the RFXCOM plugin and used to work fine with HBB, are reversed and I can't figure out how to fix it.
I tried editing it and checking the "reverse status" box in HKB but it doesn't work.

Any idea of what could be going on?

Thanks

Mauro

Posted on
Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:02 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Please use the ticket system on Git to detail the issue and dump out the logs too, this may help to identify the problem.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:38 pm
spiv offline

Apple "Home App" working on macOS

Today at WWDC 2018, Apple announced HomeKit support for macOS.

Just a quick post to say that after downloading and installing the first beta of macOS "Mojave" I am excited to say that the Home app is running well with HomeBridge and Indigo.

Lots of possibilities now for Indigo itself too now that HomeKit API's will be coming to the Mac.

Yes, there will be a lot of hemming and hawing by some people, but I think we will see more integration capabilities, at a minimum by creative hackers and 3rd parties.
Attachments
2018-06-04 home app on macos mojave.png
2018-06-04 home app on macos mojave.png (452.53 KiB) Viewed 2469 times

Posted on
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:56 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Apple "Home App" working on macOS

spiv wrote:
Today at WWDC 2018, Apple announced HomeKit support for macOS.
[SNIP]
Lots of possibilities now for Indigo itself too now that HomeKit API's will be coming to the Mac.

I didn't see anything in the keynote about HomeKit APIs coming to the Mac, only the Home app itself. I'd be (pleasantly) surprised to see HomeKit APIs on the Mac.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:08 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

In either case it may mean HKB may have been a colossal waste of effort... :shock:

Check Them Out Here