macOS Big Sur Compatibility

Posted on
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:57 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

macOS Big Sur Compatibility

This topic will track the progress and any issues with Big Sur - not necessarily just Indigo issues, but Indigo adjacent things as well, like drivers, etc.

As for Indigo itself, we have tested several betas and haven't identified any issues. Check follow-up posts below for any further details.

We've had a couple of early adopters upgrade to the release version with no apparent Indigo issues. However, we recommend to anyone that relies on Indigo to wait at least until we can run through our testing again - probably within the next week or so. Otherwise, live dangerously!

Read on for further information.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:59 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: macOS Big Sur Compatibility

[WARNING]: Anyone using the original Z-Stick Series 2 will need to wait. The Silicon Labs driver is not currently compatible with Big Sur, so your Mac won't be able to communicate with the Z-Stick.

[UPDATE]: Here's a link to a potential workaround, though it might be somewhat tricky (along the lines of the FTDI workaround).

[UPDATE]: Silicon Labs has updated the driver for Big Sur.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:21 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Another disturbing non-Indigo related Big Sur issue: https://www.macrumors.com/2020/11/15/ma ... book-pros/

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:48 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

If you are seeing an error in your Security preferences saying:

System software from developer 'Legacy Developer:Perceptiveautomation' was blocked from loading.

It's an old version of a kernel extension Indigo used to install to support the 2414U and CM15 (and has been living there for years probably). Here's the solution.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:33 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

GoControl HUSBZB-1 Interface

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've started experiencing Z-Wave interface USB communication stalls and disconnects connecting to my GoControl stick. It uses the latest Silicon Labs driver. It appears to have started after the recent Bug Sure (oops, meant Big Sur) update to 11.2. Unclear if it's some interaction between 11.2 and the SILabs driver or something else. I've just reinstalled it (even though there's not a newer driver available) so I'll see if that helps. Just wanted to warn anyone that might be using it.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 1 of 1