"their offer: ssh-rsa"

Posted on
Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:36 am
Different Computers offline

"their offer: ssh-rsa"

Just upgraded to Ventura and the huge majority of Indigo is working just fine, including most of the Unify plugin.

However, my log is filled with:
Code: Select all
 uniFiAP Error                   testServerIf ssh connection to server failed, cmd: /usr/bin/expect '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/Plugins/uniFiAP.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/test.exp' 'REDACTEDuser' 'REDACTEDPWD' 192.168.0.1
   uniFiAP Error                   getMessages: (1 - test connect)  error for UDdict, ip#: 192.168.0.1, prompt:'# '; wrong ip/ password or system down or ssh timed out or ..?

When I try to ssh into the dream machine from the command line to test the known good username and password, I now get::
% ssh root@192.168.0.1
Unable to negotiate with 192.168.0.1 port 22: no matching host key type found. Their offer: ssh-rsa

Is this just some problem with saved keys? Did Ventura change default SSH configurations? Should I just remove any .pem files associated with the UDM?

Maybe Ventura has a stricter SSH policy now? See https://blog.awill.me/2021-10-16/sshing-into-unifi/

OK, yes it seems Unifi uses an old version of SSH and Ventura doesn't like to talk to it. I followed the instructions at https://superuser.com/questions/364304/ ... sh-on-os-x and at the other link above to add rsa back to OSX's allowed algorithms and the errors are gone.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:19 pm
kw123 offline

Re: "their offer: ssh-rsa"

could you try ssh with option: -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no
so:

ssh yourUserId@192.168.1.x  -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no

could you check if that works?

Karl

Posted on
Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:14 am
kw123 offline

I am also running ventura(13.3.1) , no problems here with ssh to unifi (BusyBox v1.23.2)

Karl

Posted on
Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:44 pm
Different Computers offline

I'm running UniFi OS UDM 1.12.22 but I'm about to run some updates.

I'm loathe to mess with my ssh setup since it's working as is, but if it breaks again after the update I'll try it.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1