Apple Watches Automatically Enabled Private Wi-Fi

Posted on
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:33 am
Different Computers offline

Apple Watches Automatically Enabled Private Wi-Fi

I'd been puzzled for a while that our Watches were no longer reporting as online in the plugin and when looking directly in the Dream Machine's info.

Turns out some update about a month ago (maybe) automatically turned on Private Wi-Fi addresses for watches. To turn that off, open Settings on the Watch, go to Wifi, tap your network info, and uncheck the slider.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:00 pm
whmoorejr offline

Re: Apple Watches Automatically Enabled Private Wi-Fi

Curious if that's working for you. I'm having the same issue with all my iOS devices. I think they automatically revert to "Private Wifi" either while I'm sleeping or after a reboot.... not sure, but I keep having to change it. Since my router assigns everything by MAC address, it's problematic for automation purposes and firewall purposes.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:19 pm
Different Computers offline

I don't have any problem between updates. Just double checked and all the devices I forced to not use a spoofed Mac address are reporting as online in my Unifi devices.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:54 am
durosity offline

I’ve noticed my Apple Watch change it’s setting from having that off to having it on quite a few times. I’ve also strangely had it happen with a few HomePods since installing the 16.3 beta.. but as it’s beta that could just be a bug.. or a sign of things to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1