Issue when blocking client

Posted on
Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:50 am
juntta offline

Issue when blocking client

Kids watching too much tv in their rooms so I'm trying to use uniFiAP as solution to make Apple TV useless for them when they dont have screentime! :D

So idea is to have schedule which blocks Apple TV Wifi access at certain hours. I was testing out this but bumped into error when I select (UN)BLOCK a Client from plugin menu and selected client from popup and pushed "Block" button:

Code: Select all
1. Apr 2021 at 13.42.39
   uniFiAP Error                   Error in plugin execution UiAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
TypeError: No registered converter was able to extract a C++ reference to type CXmlDict from this Python object of type dict

Is my setup twisted somehow or did I find a bug? I also have issue with site-id but I posted the error on other thread. Version of UnifiAP: 7.38.356

Posted on
Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:38 am
kw123 offline

Re: Issue when blocking client

that's a bug in the return value (returning [] in stead of {}) , it still should work though

will fix in the next release

Karl

Posted on
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:12 am
juntta offline

Re: Issue when blocking client

kw123 wrote:
that's a bug in the return value (returning [] in stead of {}) , it still should work though

will fix in the next release

Karl
Hmm, I dont think it does work - kids still kept watching PAW Patrol after I clicked Block UniFi Network controller app showed Block option as well so device was online.

Well, I’m happy to test it out when you have chance to fix it!

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1