UNIFI user ids and password

Posted on
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:34 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: UNIFI user ids and password

Looks like the UDM has significantly changed access to the on-device web portal and the portal itself. It's now neither port 8443 or port 443... it's just the IP address so I guess port 80.

But that doesn't work either, and I imagine they've made significant changes to their web portal API.
Code: Select all
 uniFiAP Error                   UNIFI executeCMDOnController error no json object: (wrong UID/passwd, ip number?192.x.0.1) ...>><<
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed

0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
curl: (35) error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:31 pm
Different Computers offline

All working fine with Wednesday's version!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:07 am
dtich offline

Hey Karl, et al, thanks a lot for the plugin -- I'm having issue doing initial config. I'm thinking that I will just point the plugin to my local controller instance which happens to be on the same server, I am entering id/passwrd in the fields and entering the ip add of controller.. but getting lots of errors in log.

Can someone pls point me to what exactly I'm doing wrong, I know my login info for the local controller is correct, works fine through browser.

Thanks!

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 6047, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 5586, in fixBeforeRunConcurrentThread
AttributeError: 'Plugin' object has no attribute 'cameraSystem'

uniFiAP Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
uniFiAP Error Error in plugin execution UiAction:

File "plugin.py", line 1105, in setfilterunifiCloudKeyListOfSiteNames
AttributeError: 'Plugin' object has no attribute 'refreshCallbackMethodAlreadySet'

AttributeError: 'Plugin' object has no attribute 'refreshCallbackMethodAlreadySet'

uniFiAP Error in Line 1263 has error='Plugin' object has no attribute 'overWriteControllerPort'
uniFiAP Error in Line 1222 has error=invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
uniFiAP Error in Line 909 has error=[Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Preferences/Plugins/com.karlwachs.uniFiAP/dataVersion'
uniFiAP Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

uniFiAP Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
uniFiAP Error in Line 909 has error=[Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Preferences/Plugins/com.karlwachs.uniFiAP/dataVersion'

Posted on
Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:17 pm
kw123 offline

first: which version are you using? and I need to see the log from the beginning of the start of the plugin

in the next days i will be starting on unifi, shelly, pibeacon,... again. I am more or less settled now in Vienna

give me until this week end .

Karl

Posted on
Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:40 pm
dtich offline

Thanks Karl! And Willkommen in Wien!

Feb 2, 2022 at 2:37:12 PM
Received INSTEON "hvac/therm A" temperature changed to 70.0
Indigo Cocoa client authenticated (192.168.100.127)
Enabling plugin "uniFiAP 7.39.370"
Starting plugin "uniFiAP 7.39.370" (pid 72535)
uniFiAP initializing ...
uniFiAP path To files: =================
uniFiAP indigo /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/
uniFiAP installFolder /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/
uniFiAP plugin.py /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Plugins/uniFiAP.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/
uniFiAP Plugin params /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Preferences/Plugins/com.karlwachs.uniFiAP/
uniFiAP logger enabled for INFO ==> TEST ONLY
uniFiAP Warning logger enabled for WARNING ==> TEST ONLY
uniFiAP Error logger enabled for ERROR ==> TEST ONLY
uniFiAP Error logger enabled for CRITICAL ==> TEST ONLY
uniFiAP check /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Logs/com.karlwachs.uniFiAP/plugin.log <<<< for detailed logging
uniFiAP Plugin short Name UniFi
uniFiAP my PID 72535
uniFiAP set params for indigo V 2021.2
Started plugin "uniFiAP 7.39.370"
uniFiAP testing if variable enableTimeTracking_UniFi is == on/off/print-option to enable/end/print time tracking of all functions and methods (option:'',calls,cumtime,pcalls,time)
uniFiAP myLogSet setting parameters -- logFileActive= indigo; logFile= /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Logs/com.karlwachs.uniFiAP/plugin.log; debugLevel= []
uniFiAP MAP2Vendor initializing
uniFiAP MAP2Vendor I making directory:/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Preferences/Plugins/com.karlwachs.uniFiAP/mac2Vendor/
uniFiAP Error Error in plugin execution startup:

File "plugin.py", line 487, in startup
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Plugins/uniFiAP.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/MAC2Vendor.py", line 38, in __init__
OSError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Preferences/Plugins/com.karlwachs.uniFiAP/mac2Vendor/')

Posted on
Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:51 am
kw123 offline

could you check if the following direct exists and if not please create it:
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Preferences/Plugins/com.karlwachs.uniFiAP/mac2Vendor/
open terminal and copy and paste:
mkdir '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Preferences/Plugins/com.karlwachs.uniFiAP/'
and
mkdir '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Preferences/Plugins/com.karlwachs.uniFiAP/mac2Vendor/'

with the '

It SHOULD create it automatically, but apparent it has not

Karl

Posted on
Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:06 am
dtich offline

That did indeed get the plugin loaded. thank you!

I will now get to configuring.

Thx much for the help.

Posted on
Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:00 am
kw123 offline

to help me understand, which part did not exist?
... Preferences/Plugins/com.karlwachs.uniFiAP/
or
... Preferences/Plugins/com.karlwachs.uniFiAP/mac2Vendor

?

Posted on
Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:23 am
dtich offline

Well, I confess I just created both without looking first. There was no error and there are no duplicates, so, neither was there originally ?

While we're here, this is the log from plugin startup. It seems to have a real problem trying to access my switches and ap's... I have not configured them with individual passwords, but perhaps that isn't the issue.

Also, I'm not sure I understand how to create devices. The test I tried was to create an AP, but I can find no way to specify the IP address in the device creation dialog. Does this plugin not automatically create these devices from the unifi controller db..? Is that not correct? I did look for a doc that would explain and read the Get Help! page and the stickies here on the forum.. can't quite get it.

My main intention here is really to, besides perhaps basic UP/DOWN status notifs on network infrastructure, is to base triggers off the existence of phones on the Wifi net. That is possible, correct? I assumed I'd be creating a device for a phone and a trigger that fires on its status on the net. I can't seem to get that to work, a phone device that I create likewise has no way to spec an IP or MAC address. I assume this is all possible and just not working because I haven't correctly config'd yet.

Any pointers are appreciated, thanks!

Feb 3, 2022 at 12:09:46 AM
Indigo Cocoa client authenticated (192.168.100.127)
Enabling plugin "uniFiAP 7.39.370"
Starting plugin "uniFiAP 7.39.370" (pid 13406)
uniFiAP initializing ...
uniFiAP path To files: =================
uniFiAP indigo /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/
uniFiAP installFolder /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/
uniFiAP plugin.py /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Plugins/uniFiAP.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/
uniFiAP Plugin params /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Preferences/Plugins/com.karlwachs.uniFiAP/
uniFiAP logger enabled for INFO ==> TEST ONLY
uniFiAP Warning logger enabled for WARNING ==> TEST ONLY
uniFiAP Error logger enabled for ERROR ==> TEST ONLY
uniFiAP Error logger enabled for CRITICAL ==> TEST ONLY
uniFiAP check /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Logs/com.karlwachs.uniFiAP/plugin.log <<<< for detailed logging
uniFiAP Plugin short Name UniFi
uniFiAP my PID 13406
uniFiAP set params for indigo V 2021.2
Started plugin "uniFiAP 7.39.370"
uniFiAP testing if variable enableTimeTracking_UniFi is == on/off/print-option to enable/end/print time tracking of all functions and methods (option:'',calls,cumtime,pcalls,time)
uniFiAP myLogSet setting parameters -- logFileActive= indigo; logFile= /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Logs/com.karlwachs.uniFiAP/plugin.log; debugLevel= []
uniFiAP MAP2Vendor initializing
uniFiAP MAP2Vendor initializing finished, read from mac2Vendor.json file
uniFiAP MAP2Vendor initializing finished, read from mac2Vendor.json file
uniFiAP start runConcurrentThread, initializing loop settings and threads ..
uniFiAP initialized ... looping

Feb 3, 2022 at 12:10:25 AM
uniFiAP Error getMessages: (1 - test connect) error for APdict, ip#: 192.168.100.10, prompt:'not defined'; wrong ip/ password or system down or ssh timed out or ..?
uniFiAP Error getMessages: (1 - test connect) error for APtail, ip#: 192.168.100.10, prompt:'not defined'; wrong ip/ password or system down or ssh timed out or ..?
uniFiAP Error getMessages: (1 - test connect) error for APtail, ip#: 192.168.100.11, prompt:'not defined'; wrong ip/ password or system down or ssh timed out or ..?
uniFiAP Error getMessages: (1 - test connect) error for APdict, ip#: 192.168.100.11, prompt:'not defined'; wrong ip/ password or system down or ssh timed out or ..?
uniFiAP Error getMessages: (1 - test connect) error for SWdict, ip#: 192.168.100.20, prompt:'not defined'; wrong ip/ password or system down or ssh timed out or ..?
uniFiAP Error getMessages: (1 - test connect) error for SWdict, ip#: 192.168.100.21, prompt:'not defined'; wrong ip/ password or system down or ssh timed out or ..?
uniFiAP Error getMessages: (1 - test connect) error for SWdict, ip#: 192.168.0.5, prompt:'not defined'; wrong ip/ password or system down or ssh timed out or ..?
uniFiAP Error getMessages: (1 - test connect) error for SWdict, ip#: 192.168.0.6, prompt:'not defined'; wrong ip/ password or system down or ssh timed out or ..?

Feb 3, 2022 at 12:10:51 AM
uniFiAP Error getMessages: (1 - test connect) error for APdict, ip#: 192.168.100.10, prompt:'not defined'; wrong ip/ password or system down or ssh timed out or ..?
uniFiAP Error getMessages: (1 - test connect) error for APtail, ip#: 192.168.100.10, prompt:'not defined'; wrong ip/ password or system down or ssh timed out or ..?
uniFiAP Error getMessages: (1 - test connect) error for APtail, ip#: 192.168.100.11, prompt:'not defined'; wrong ip/ password or system down or ssh timed out or ..?
uniFiAP Error getMessages: (1 - test connect) error for APdict, ip#: 192.168.100.11, prompt:'not defined'; wrong ip/ password or system down or ssh timed out or ..?
uniFiAP Error getMessages: (1 - test connect) error for SWdict, ip#: 192.168.100.20, prompt:'not defined'; wrong ip/ password or system down or ssh timed out or ..?
uniFiAP Error getMessages: (1 - test connect) error for SWdict, ip#: 192.168.100.21, prompt:'not defined'; wrong ip/ password or system down or ssh timed out or ..?
uniFiAP Error getMessages: (1 - test connect) error for SWdict, ip#: 192.168.0.5, prompt:'not defined'; wrong ip/ password or system down or ssh timed out or ..?
uniFiAP Error getMessages: (1 - test connect) error for SWdict, ip#: 192.168.0.6, prompt:'not defined'; wrong ip/ password or system down or ssh timed out or ..?
uniFiAP Error in Line 6521 has error=u''
looking at device: unifi/phone_dt
Email+ Error Email+ IMAP Server_servernorthknoll: IMAP checkMsgs error: connection closed

Posted on
Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:29 am
kw123 offline

could you do
menu/print parameters to logfile
the click on first print then you should get:
UniFi   =============plugin config Parameters========
debugAreas                             []
logFile                                /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Logs/com.karlwachs.uniFiAP/plugin.log
enableFINGSCAN                         F
count_APDL_inPortCount                 T
enableBroadCastEvents                  F
ignoreNeighborForFing                  T
expirationTime - default               120 [sec]
sleep in main loop                     5 [sec]
use curl or request                    curl
curl path                              /usr/bin/curl
cpu used since restart:                266:57.23

====== used in ssh userid@switch-IP, AP-IP, USG-IP to get DB dump and listen to events
UserID-ssh                             xxx
PassWd-ssh                             xxx
UserID-ssh-UDM                         
PassWd-ssh-UDM                         
read buffer size                       16384
promptOnServer 192.168.1.18            '8# '
promptOnServer 192.168.1.13            '7# '
promptOnServer 192.168.1.12            '8# '
promptOnServer 192.168.1.11            '7# '
promptOnServer 192.168.1.10            '7# '
promptOnServer 192.168.1.17            '8# '
promptOnServer 192.168.1.16            '8# '
promptOnServer 192.168.1.15            '8# '
promptOnServer 192.168.1.14            '8# '
promptOnServer 192.168.1.7             '8# '
promptOnServer 192.168.1.6             '3# '
promptOnServer 192.168.1.5             '3# '
promptOnServer 192.168.1.4             '6# '
promptOnServer 192.168.1.3             '6# '
promptOnServer 192.168.1.1             '~$ '
promptOnServer 192.168.1.8             '8# '
GW tailCommand                         /usr/bin/tail -F /var/log/messages
GW dictCommand                         mca-dump | sed -e 's/^ *//'
SW tailCommand                         /usr/bin/tail -F /var/log/messages
SW dictCommand                         mca-dump | sed -e 's/^ *//'
AP tailCommand                         /usr/bin/tail -F /var/log/messages
AP dictCommand                         mca-dump | sed -e 's/^ *//'
UD dictCommand                         mca-dump | sed -e 's/^ *//'
AP enabled:                            T,T,T,T,F
SW enabled:                            T,T,F,T,F,F,F,F,F,F,F,F,F
GW enabled:                            T
controlelr DB read enabled             T
UDM enabled                            F
read DB Dict every                     {GW:63,AP:63,DB:40,SW:63,UD:63} [sec]
restart listeners if NoMessage for     130 [sec]
force restart of listeners             999999999 [sec]
max Consumed Time For Warning          3 [sec]
max Consumed Time Queue For Warning    5 [sec]

====== CONTROLLER/UDM WEB ACCESS , set parameters and reporting
  curl data={WEB-UserID:..,WEB-PassWd:..} https://controllerIP: ..--------------
Mode: off, ON, UDM, reports only       ON
WEB-UserID                             xxx
WEB-PassWd                             xxx
Controller Type (UDM,..,std)           std
use strict:true for web login          F
Controller port#                       443
overWriteControllerPort               
Controller site Name                   default
Controller site NameList               [u'default']
Controller API WebPage                 /proxy/network/api/s
Controller API login WebPage           /api/auth/login

AP ip#              enabled / disabled
192.168.1.3         T
192.168.1.4         T
192.168.1.5         T
192.168.1.6         T
192.168.1.89        F
SW ip#
192.168.1.10        T
192.168.1.11        T
192.168.1.12        F
192.168.1.13        T
192.168.1.14        F
192.168.1.15        F
192.168.1.16        F
192.168.1.17        F
192.168.1.18        F
192.168.1.19        F
192.168.1.7         F
192.168.1.8         F
192.168.1.x         F
USG/UGA  gateway/router
192.168.1.1         T
Controller / cloud Key IP#
--------------------------

UniFi    =============plugin config Parameters========  END

if you could post?

it will contain some userid and passwords - i have xxxid mine- , if they are empty you will need to set them in config

and wich type of hardware do you have:
gw, controller, switches AP..
?

Karl

Karl

Posted on
Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:35 am
dtich offline

thanks karl. i have several switches, few ap's, controller, edgemax-12 router..

UniFi =============plugin config Parameters========
debugLevel []
logFile /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Logs/com.karlwachs.uniFiAP/plugin.log
enableFINGSCAN False
count_APDL_inPortCount 1
enableBroadCastEvents 0
ignoreNeighborForFing True
expirationTime - default 120 [sec]
sleep in main loop 5 [sec]
use curl or request curl
curl path /usr/bin/curl
cpu used since restart: 0:06.61

====== used in ssh userid@switch-IP, AP-IP, USG-IP to get DB dump and listen to events
UserID-ssh XX
PassWd-ssh XXX
UserID-ssh-UDM XX
PassWd-ssh-UDM XXX
read buffer size 16384
GW tailCommand /usr/bin/tail -F /var/log/messages
GW dictCommand mca-ctrl -t dump | sed -e 's/^ *//'
SW tailCommand /usr/bin/tail -F /var/log/messages
SW dictCommand mca-ctrl -t dump | sed -e 's/^ *//'
AP tailCommand /usr/bin/tail -F /var/log/messages
AP dictCommand mca-ctrl -t dump | sed -e 's/^ *//'
UD dictCommand mca-ctrl -t dump | sed -e 's/^ *//'
AP enabled: T,T,F,F,F
SW enabled: F,T,T,T,T,F,F,F,F,F,F,F,F
GW enabled: F
controlelr DB read enabled T
UDM enabled F
read DB Dict every {GW:63,AP:63,DB:40,SW:63,UD:63} [sec]
restart listeners if NoMessage for 130[sec]
force restart of listeners 999999999.0[sec]
max Consumed Time For Warning 3.0 [sec]
max Consumed Time Queue For Warning 5.0 [sec]

====== CONTROLLER/UDM WEB ACCESS , set parameters and reporting
curl data={WEB-UserID:..,WEB-PassWd:..} https://controllerIP: ..--------------
Mode: off, ON, UDM, reports only ON
WEB-UserID XX
WEB-PassWd XXX
Controller Type (UDM,..,std) hosted
use strict:true for web login F
Controller port# 8443
overWriteControllerPort 8443
Controller site Name default
Controller site NameList []
Controller API WebPage /api/s
Controller API login WebPage /api/login

AP ip# enabled / disabled
192.168.100.10 T
192.168.100.11 T
192.168.1.x F
192.168.1.x F
192.168.1.x F
SW ip#
192.168.1.x F
192.168.100.20 T
192.168.100.21 T
192.168.0.5 T
192.168.0.6 T
192.168.1.x F
192.168.1.x F
192.168.1.x F
192.168.1.x F
192.168.1.x F
192.168.1.x F
192.168.1.x F
192.168.1.x F

F USG/UGA gateway/router
192.168.100.100 Controller / cloud Key IP#
Video NVR-IP#
----------------------------------------------------

UniFi =============plugin config Parameters======== END

Posted on
Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:26 am
kw123 offline

could you open menu/config, at the bottom enable debug # 2, 4, 7, 7.1

the restart plugin and send me the output after ~ 3 minutes

mail to:
karlwachs at me com

Karl

Posted on
Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:58 am
dtich offline

sent. thx

Posted on
Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:32 pm
dtich offline

Karl, can you explain the device strategy to me when you have a quick moment - or point me to some docs that might do the same - I am seeing auto-created devices that 'expire' (not sure what I am to do about that beside delete manually?) and multiple indigo devices for a single real world device (sometimes diff mac address sometimes the same, perhaps some of these APs have multiple ethernet addresses?).

Re: the screenshot below, I only have two APs on this network, ~100.10 and ~100.11, but I see more than one device for each.. not sure how to deal with that? Or why. Also, the switches, of which there are 4 I think, have not shown up at all for some reason..? They are configured in the plugin.

And then, I don't understand the process by which I identify a particular client, say an iPhone, by MAC address, say, so that can be assigned to a Group and used to trigger notifs. What am I missing?

Sorry to be such a newb, but I can't find the answers to this anywhere - anyone who knows please feel free to point me in the right direction, don't mean to bog Karl down with this at all. Just not sure how to move forward using the plugin.

Thanks!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 2.23.59 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 2.23.59 PM.jpg (460.01 KiB) Viewed 7884 times

Posted on
Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:00 pm
dtich offline

Starting to get it. The devices are constantly updated (I suppose that's a checkbox somewhere), expired doesn't mean it won't come back, and the downstream clients are included in this search, but not switches.

I've also changed several devices to 'optimized' up/down detection - that sound correct to you? - and up'd the timeouts to 60s etc. depending on the device.

Starting to make sense. I just wasn't sure which devices were staying and which were going away. I've put names into the Notes column, will these stay even through device updates/plugin restarts?

Thx!