unifi cloud key 2 pro plus

Posted on
Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:58 pm
kw123 offline

got the new toy.. ($200)

it is a beefed up cloud key with 8 core cpu lots of ram and 1TB HD and has SOFT SHUTDOWN (has an internal battery) and can run the controller as well as the new VIDEO software " PROTECT"

The controller runs fine and everything seems to work . Can nicely integrate into the unifi plugin.

The new video PROTECT software though is completely different: runs on postgres NOT on mongo (that is actually good). Currently no API access whatsoever... I guess still beta

But it looks very nice and you can warm your hands / cup of tea on it .. ZERO noise though = no fans

give it a month + will continue to try it out

Karl

https://dl.ubnt.com/datasheets/unifi/Un ... lus_DS.pdf

[UPDATE] and it puts a new firmware on the camera.. switch back: download the proper firmware to mac, http to camera, upload firmware, unmanageable camera and then manage camera ..

Posted on
Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:30 am
Korey offline

Re: unifi cloud key 2 pro plus

I grabbed one while they were in the early access store, been running it for a month or so now with 3 x G3 cameras, does run quite warm!

Im spitting RTSP out to Security Spy as well.

:D

--
Korey

Posted on
Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:07 pm
jblackburn offline

Re: unifi cloud key 2 pro plus

Is it work well with g3 camera? What about the software, are you able to generate event if something move or change in one G3? Are they link to indigo?

Thanks!

Joel

Posted on
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:08 pm
kw123 offline

Yes
Will get an event and will put the event picture in an assigned directory

But not with the new cloud key Plus They do not have an api yet.

Only with a regular nvr software install. Either on the unifi hardware or any other Unix bic. Not with windows. Also as virtual box on your mac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1