USG as Indigo Device blocking management?

Posted on
Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:10 pm
Different Computers offline

USG as Indigo Device blocking management?

So this is weird, and it may well be just because I'm brand new with this USG--It has been up and running for less than an hour, and it is the first one I've ever configured.

I was in the midst of doing a upgrade to the USG via the Unifi app/web page, and I went ahead and configured the USG portion of the Unifi-AP plugin, and that's not generating any errors. I was also able to log in to the USG via its IP address, but now that the Indigo plugin is configured, I can neither manage it via the Unifi app, nor log in.

Is it maybe just half stuck after the upgrade? Seems like not, because in the middle of typing this other networking things went south, and I tried disabling the USG portion of the indigo plugin, then immediately the Unifi app listed the USG as "Provisioning" instead of "Disconnected."

Any insights?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:22 pm
kw123 offline

Re: USG as Indigo Device blocking management?

When you mess around with the USg you should disable the UniFi plugin as it connects to the usg - logged in via ssh. That might disrupt the upgrade.
I had no problem so far having the plugin running while upgrading. But you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:55 pm
Different Computers offline

Seems like things have settled down, but I may try it again in a bit.

What big features do I gain from adding the USG to Indigo?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:01 pm
kw123 offline

Some reports on network config
And it automatically discovers and adds new UniFi devices.

And some other stuff ... need to check.

In cinema

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:39 pm
kw123 offline

movie: "1945" from hungary .. very depressing, but honest movie. strongly recommended

Adding USG to the scope:
if you use DHCP on the USG :
gets DHCP data for clients (shows uptime , age of last IP info ). useful for expiration/connection time for regular devices
and if new client joins creates new indigo device

GW info:
Screen Shot 2018-07-15 at 21.35.17.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-15 at 21.35.17.png (39.07 KiB) Viewed 1279 times

this
"Some reports on network config
And it automatically discovers and adds new UniFi devices. "
was for the controller . If the controller is included you get these reports and you can block clients and some other functions.

Karl

Page 1 of 1